Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BB guns

REP: The Airgun Shop

User Info Menu

Default BB guns

I can hardly believe it, but in this weather I'm having some good fun at home .... WITH A BB GUN.

I bought some of the Winchester 1894 BB guns (made by Daisy). Ok they cost a bit more than what you normally pay for a BB gun, but when I opened the box, I immediately decided to keep one for my own collection. It looks nice. Stock and grip is wood, not plastic. The trigger is a bit harsh, but you used to it quickly and apparently it gets better with use. The best part is that I can now shoot in the house when it rains. Just put a box with a blanket inside at the end of the passage and you have a fully operational shooting range.

Deadlinks_imagefiles/369bbgun_l.jpg[/img]

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

The barrel is obviously not rifled but what sort of grouping can you get with that thing over 15 metres?

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

careful of BBs...they ricochet like crazy!

User Info Menu

Ja, I know they tend to fly back with the same velocity, but the box and old blanket works great for a quiet backstop.
    I'l have to check the grouping... me and Stefan were just shooting a cans for the fun. But it seems to be more accurate than any of the other BB guns.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Lets be honest, something like that would be for fart-assing around anyway, what do they cost?

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

too much at any price...

User Info Menu

Suggested retail is about R950, unless you go to a place like dad's toys. Will probably cost double the amount there. When I first started getting interested in airguns, they wanted to charge me R4700 for a BSA Supersport. If someone wants the one that is left, we can talk business.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

That,s pretty expensive considering that a B2 would be better in every way except maybe novelty value. BTW I agree with you, Dad's Toy's is brutally expensive and I have compared many items that they sell with other places and their markups must be rediculous!

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Speaking of ricochet, the other day I was plinking around with my Anics pistol loaded with wadcutter pellets (it's quite accurate with them) and shooting from +/-10m. Those pellets ricochet'd back at me like crazy, one hit me smack on the forehead, just above my brow, quite sore I must say. Luckily I wear glasses...

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

what were you shooting into?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

ricochet is the biatch... i wouldn't let it happen at first place... i shoot over chrnoy alot.. the back stop just 1.5m away from the muzzle... with the power i m shooting... if any ricochets come out... then it will be..." Houston... we hav a problem..." the back stop i m using is the box with full of old magazines + phone books... in between with some steel plates...

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I was just shooting at an upright tar pole... btw, those flat nosed pellets make nice little round indents on a tar pole.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

yeah, careful when shooting into wood, ricochets are quite common.
    Rather use Boondocks method

User Info Menu

Hi Andrew, the B2 might be cheap as dirt, but it is crap. I have 4 brand new ones lying at home (for almost a year), but can't get myself to sell it to someone. I think the BB gun is more accurate and have almost the same velocity.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Yes I agree, the B2 is utter garbage but then it's priced like garbage. What's the finish quality like on those BB gun's?