Thread: Walther CP88

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default Walther CP88

Hi all

This is an area that I have no idea or experience with co2 pistols
    Maybe experienced people or in the know who has had the cp88 pistol

Has anyone ever cronied there cp88 and what were the results

Don't know if this is true but single action delivers more power as opposed shooting double action this might b true when I tested mine in single action there was a loud bang and in single action there were mouse farts

Who can do servicing of these pistols if needed

Thanx

MRP

User Info Menu

Umarex CP99 CPro-Sport Double action in fps
    352 363 356 357 340 336 330 331 328 318
    Gamo P25 in single action fps
    404 382 378 358 362 358 349 338 335 335 Both 10 shot strings was started with new CO2 capsules. Hope this helps

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

With the Evanix AR6 PCP for example it is so that in double action you get less power than when shooting in single action mode. I doubt though it is the case with these pistols. Most reviews I've seen on youtube the guys are testing their speeds in double action mode. If they were faster in single action mode, that would have been the preferred testing method me thinks. When you shoot without rest the pellets will come out slower after each and every shot, as the CO2 cylinder cools down. If you leave it two minutes or so between shots, you will get a much higher average reading. But what is the fun in that. You buy a multishot blowback to shoot it as fast as you can.

MRP

User Info Menu

Also bear in mind that the blowback function uses CO2 that is essentially "wasted" because it's not being used to shoot. There is about a 20 shot difference between my Umarex double action fixed slide and the Gamo blowback. But also the double action trigger is heavier than the single action. Guess it all depends on what you want. I have a Guerilla 1911 blowback with all metal construction in steel BB and the shot count sucks!

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default Walther/umarex spares

Does anyone stock spares for the above branded co2 pistols in particular the cp88

Thanx

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

also looking for some 8shot magazines for the CP99/CPro-Sport

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Very good question, going to be a lot of people looking for parts soon, myself included, hope the agent is well stocked

REP: Oom A's Airguns

User Info Menu

Mags shouldn't be a problem. Used to vet them from Sharp Shooter in Sandstone City. Take a rat tail file to the groove and fit a slightly thicker o ring. Prevents the head of the pellet poking out of the mag causing jams.
    As for spares I think we are on our own.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Paris View Post
    Very good question, going to be a lot of people looking for parts soon, myself included, hope the agent is well stocked
    Nothing broken or worn out on mine as of yet just thinking ahead here

What co2 pistols that u know of that can b bought locally and have all the spares locally

REP: Oom A's Airguns

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggleitjustalittlebit View Post

What co2 pistols that u know of that can b bought locally and have all the spares locally
    :rofl:

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Adrianv View Post
    :rofl:
    Guess I got my answer

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Gamo pistols are supported 100% by us. I am equipped to sort out any issue with them. Repairs are carried out at the Nicholas Yale Building by me but you can also go to MZE and speak to Tory if you are having trouble with your Gamo.

After lengthy discussions with the importer of the gas blow back pistols Ruari does, I am relativity confident that parts are available for those. So KJ works, TM, KSC, WE, KJW and Inokatsu should all have parts readily available. The importer has a technician on site.

Many of us will be shooting Umarex guns so we need an AOS rep to confirm availability of parts as well as someone with the know how to fix them. Nats????

Daisy I hear has nothing in the way of back up (this is not confirmed, just what iv heard)

I think thats all the pistols available in SA, for the most part we are well taken care of

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Paris View Post
    Gamo pistols are supported 100% by us. I am equipped to sort out any issue with them. Repairs are carried out at the Nicholas Yale Building by me but you can also go to MZE and speak to Tory if you are having trouble with your Gamo.

After lengthy discussions with the importer of the gas blow back pistols Ruari does, I am relativity confident that parts are available for those. So KJ works, TM, KSC, WE, KJW and Inokatsu should all have parts readily available. The importer has a technician on site.

Many of us will be shooting Umarex guns so we need an AOS rep to confirm availability of parts as well as someone with the know how to fix them. Nats????

Daisy I hear has nothing in the way of back up (this is not confirmed, just what iv heard)

I think thats all the pistols available in SA, for the most part we are well taken care of

And if not, there are plenty of online stores that will ship.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default Walther cp88 spares

Hi

Looking for spare magazines and even spare parts that is compatible with this pistol

Thanx

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Go through to Blades and Triggers in Clearwater mall. They can get you all the necessary spares you need.