Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: advice needed

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default advice needed

New to sport, want to hunt and have fun.Been recommended-Weihrauch hw100, fx verminator, AA 410. Am I too ambitious-suggestions please.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Questions:

1) What is your budget ?
    2) What are you going to hunt ?
    3) What ranges do you want to hunt at ?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Where are you located? I know of a AA S410 silencer and 4-16x50 Oryx scope + pellets for a very reasonable price i think? R7000 is this a good price? very good condition.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

That is a good price if you look at the rifle it self, the AA S410 is expensive in its own right.

Sharp Shooter
    Doctor BAM

User Info Menu

AirKing

Does that price include any recharge fittings for the Air Arms PCP, or is it just the rifle, scope and silencer......??
    FYI, I have a contact to buy a 300bar 7 litre bottle for R950, with a valid hydro cert. (March 2007)..... Also a 12 litre 200bar steel bottle for R800, also in date....

These scuba tanks are not so pricey at the moment, as a result of the winter, but will increase in price drastically when the diving saeson starts in summer......

malan

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Malan i am not too clued up on PCP;s put he said it included the gun silencer scope pellets and all equipment neccesary to fill the gun. I am going up this weekend to pta and will get all the details. An Pro-Sport the gun is a AA S410 CARBINE

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

The carbine is ideal for hunting. It is a bit lower on shots though. Fine for (H)FT courses up here(50) shots.(not ideal) I think it is a very good prize. If you had to start with new equipment. The rifle will cost you R6000+the d/bottle R2500 and at least R1000 for the filling adapter and gauges etc. Scope ? You can't loose especially if you can get a good 2nd hand d/bottle.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Gerrief, the price is R7000 for the gun and scpoe and silencer(dont know the brand) and pellets with AFAIK filling adapter. Dont know about gauges and there is NOT a scuba tank included

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Gerrief, just for interest, I ran my S410 Carbine over the chrony the other day and it gave me all of 65 shots with an ES of 20fps. And there I was stressing over a 50 target course all these years...
    Clive, consider all the pro's and cons of available guns to you. In this country it is mainly springers and pcp's and both have their 'good' and 'bad' points.
    And don't stare yourself blind against the power factor when looking at springers, a mid powered quality springer is most of the time more accurate and pleasant to shoot(making you the better hunter) than the 'high power' versions unless it is best quality guns. And you don't need a zillion feet per second to hunt pigeons, Gerrief can vouch for that.
    If budget is not an issue, you might be more interested in pcp's.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

regarding with power... make no difference as choice of car performences... sometimes is not want u need... but what u want....

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

We still need your budget, Clive. There is still cheaper PCP options like the Bam. If it's tuned there is nothing wrong with it.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Boondock, do you also do Bam's. It seems that Warrick dissapeared from the face of the earth.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

goose... malan will be the man for bam tuning in the cape.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

[quote1191558798=boondock]
    sometimes is not want u need... but what u want....
    [/quote1191558798]

Amen to that Boondock.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Malan128 ? There are other Malan's also on the forum.