Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A new club is born.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default A new club is born.

Just to bring to your attention that I have formed a new club that will be known as ATLANTIC AIRRIFLE CLUB OR AAC.

this new club serves to replace Two Oceans Airgun Club which up till now has been largely unsuccesful for a number of reasons which have become apparent to me having gained some much needed experience over the last two years.

I have managed to recruit a technical officer which you all know as Falco and in addition there are one or two serious chaps waiting in the wings to take up the worthy challenge of persevering untill we awaken the sleeping giant that is our sport.

Unlike before, our shoots will be held on Saturdays instead of Sundays and they will take place every fortnight and will also be held a fortnight apart from CAPE AIR RIFLE shoots which essentially means that folks can shoot twice a month and also wont have to wait a month to shoot should work commitments cause them to miss out on a shoot.

Furthermore, like C.A.R. our shoots will move from venue to venue and in addition as always my eyes will be peeled in search of new and exciting places to shoot to keep things interesting.

Lastly, I look forward to your continued and valued support and as always please pm any suggestions you may have with regards to things you would like to see at shoots whatever they may be.

Regards
    Andrew Barkley.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Well done Andrew.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Why thank you goose

Protea Benchrest (Air) Team '17/'19

User Info Menu

Congratulations and good luck with the new club, Andrew. We wish you all success and hope that the Western Cape will soon have enough active numbers in order to shoot your own provincials down there. I know of an attorney in Cape Town who owns a Pro Target - will forward his details to you so you can recruit him too.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Exellent, thank you.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Great. As soon as I made up my mind bout a weapon, you will have another member here...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

CFX!

Protea FT Team '16
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15

User Info Menu

Congrats Andrew!
    Looking forward!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Well done , also look to keeping it simple as a way of trying to get new blood into the sport .

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Gerry, I never bombard newbies young or old with the technical stuff untill they have attended at least two or three shoots and if they express an interest in following the rules and doing things by the book right off the bat then my simple solution to that is to have them shoot in a group with me or another experienced person so they can pick things up at a leasurely pace without pressure and that seems to work well.

Only thing is, the "one minute per target" rule goes out the window for their first couple of shoots but at least there is no unnecesary pressure spoiling the moral.

MCJ's Avatar MCJ

ANDREW !!! Well done in taking this step. Falco, good luck to you as well. I am sure that this was the right thing do do in order to grow the sport.

If you need any assistance, i am sure any of the CAR members will be more than willing to help if it means that we get to shoot more.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

The very best of luck Andrew and Michael.
    Here's looking forward to growth in the sport, more competitikon and western cape domination of FT/HFT (Tommorrow the world!).
    Looking forward to the 13th.
    I can only re-iterate Marius' comment, if you need anything, just yell.
    Cheers

Nick

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thank you gents!

Protea FT Team '16
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15

User Info Menu

HEAR HEAR! A big YES to what Slug had to say, I believe with team work and determination we will be able to take our favorite sport to great hights!

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

What time will you guys setup on Saterday? Seeing that I have to open the range for you I might aswell help with the setup.

Good luck with the new club, I am also available if help is needed!