Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 17 Nov to the Cape........By Bus?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default 17 Nov to the Cape........By Bus?

I spoke to DSF saturday at the Wonderboom Provincial and it seems that there will be more people interested going down if we can arrange alternative transport like hiring Kombi's etc. So Gerrief also indicate that it's not nessesary the only option to fly.
    I open this thread for everybody to discuss it in the coming week. Any ideas is welcome. You people from the cape, Andrew, Arnold, Guido? What about accomodation? Will there be some camping site. Like this we can spend the Saturday evening as well.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

What about " Filamon's Taxi (Pty) Ltd "

Ha! Ha! said the Clown!!!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I guess we could borrow the Porsche room for 4 people in the Cayenne Turbo but I'm not buying the fuel. Travel time less than 10 hours.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Goose, give us an indication of how many of you need accomodation and I will investigate and secure. The more time you guy's spend in Capetown the better I would think. I for one would like to chat at length with you guy's as opposed to rushing you off to the airport.

Protea FT Team '16
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15

User Info Menu

It will be better if you guys stay over, we can do this proper shoot, braai etc!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

The braai is on the cards anyway but will be better without rushing. Those who need to be at the airport later in the day will be dropped there by me and the rest will be delivered to suitable accomodation.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

So far we have 5 shooters interested. If all shooters spend time behind the steering wheel no one will drive more than 3 hours and we can drive straight through. It should take us about 13-14 hours of 'rustig' driving. Me and Gopher used to do this for years going down for the Argus and it is not as bad as it sounds, even better with more drivers. And it should be more fun too. We all want to spend more time with the Capetonion hooligans and making a long weekend of it can work.
    We are willing to camp if there are facilities available, no problem.
    The concern is who is going to share a tent with Gerrie if Piet is not going !? :-0

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Ja!! Who is going to do that? Because Gerty farts like a donkey.
    Ha! Ha! said the Clown!!!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Piet gets first option of refusal, if he goes along, as long as you all understand that.
    I don't know if Marguitte and I would be able to go anyhow.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

My brother turns 40 that weekend in Stellenbosch, and myself and Ronell are already booked on SAA to fly down. We also said that would attend the shoot, but will not be able to spend more time , Big party waiting.

If your guys get a combi together, will you please consired taking our guns, dont trust the airways that much. Will cost me R400,00 return, will gladly pass that on to you.

Protea FT Team '12/'16/'17

User Info Menu

if we leave on the friday afternoon and drive through i will be able to organize a comby for us as my PA brives one.

email me if you are intereseted and ill make a plan. if i count right that should be at least 5 with out allan johan and ?????

emial me errol@i8a8.co.za

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thanks for the positive reply guys, seems that it's going to work after all. DSF mentioned 5 people allready. Names will work. I will PM TD to find out about the Kombi.
    I Know of the following people.
    Me
    Dawid
    Erica
    James
    Please fill in the rest.
    Gerrie indicate that he might not, verify Gerrie. We still got enough time.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hope to have the numbers by Wednesday, Andrew. Then we can start worry about accomodation.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

For sure boet. BTW I will make the bold assumption that the accomodation will have to be budget friendly and if I am not mistaken, camping is a viable option, is this so?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Depend on the others, i don't really care. I just want to come. Let everybody answer for themself. But we will discuss it. You will know for sure. Thanks.