Thread: Something different from Daystate...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Something different from Daystate...

I don't know how new these are (I just stumbled on this today), but have you seen these on the Daystate Homepage.

http://www.daystate.co.uk/index.htm

Sable:
    Never thought I'd see a Red Dot on a Daystate AND the their Homepage. Design seems quirky, but it's hard to tell, as they refer to it as "pointable", so are the dimensions smaller/shorter, as opposed to a normal carbine version? Is this in response to the demand for more compact PCP's like the Ultra/ Verminator/Falcon FN12/8??? I don't know, still looks a bit long for a pointy. Anybody know the story behind this?

TimberWolf:
    Daaaaaaimmn!!!!!!!Most probably all 100 already sold out on waitlist. The Theoben Vanquish looks rather cheap in comparison (Hell. Even a normal Airwolf looks like a budget gun next to these). Pity, with all that gold, they'll never be used as they should be.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

So....the concept of the Sable is to provide a lighter pointy airrifle for wingshooters, hence the odd/retro forend and pistolgrip. It's not THAT ugly as some suggest on other forums. I guess most just expect better from Daystate.

IMHO, Unless it's a bullpup, no fullsize barrel airgun should be labellled as pointable (unless you're in marketing or work for Airgun World....mmm, same thing I suppose). I guess it's a moot point really, as only 30 were to be made, which didn't help the price tag either.

Protea FT Team '07/'08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13
    National FT Champ '09/'13

User Info Menu

We've seen the very latest product of Daystate at the Worlds in the USA. It is not yet in production, but it is very impressive.

It is the latest product from them, and is an upgrade on the electronic trigger version. It has even got a built in chronograph, and the power can be set with the trigger. It even has a LCD display to verify all the settings.

I liked it a lot, and wouldn't mind trying out one of them. Its beutifull. I took pictures of it, and I'll ask Allan to post it on this thread

Deadlinks_imagefiles/piet1_resized.jpg[/img]

Deadlinks_imagefiles/piet2_resized.jpg[/img]

Deadlinks_imagefiles/piet3_resized.jpg[/img]

The small PC Board in his hands is the chron that goes in the barrel shroud from what I understood.

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

The pix are in a larger format in my gallery.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Duuude!!!! Wikkid! Want one! Cost? Anybody know of a bank with bad security??

Reminds me of the angel paintball guns, when they went all digital and with lcd's. I like it.

So, this raises an interesting topic...what's next? Plug'nPlay firing systems?

Hypothetically: Now we have an onboard chrono, add another system for entering pellet weights and BC (maybe even wind speed/direction via meter with wireless connection), to calculate avg batch trajectory for specified Ft/Lbs, then link this to a scope with digital adjustment turrets. On-scope Rangefinding can be via digitally metered AO (Odd that these aren't available yet, not really rocket science either) or laser, add something to measure tilt and firing angle. Link all this back to computer for final firing solution and away ye go.

Now to just be able keep the damn crosshair steady on the target....

All the tech is currently available to create this kind total firing system, but will it be feasible(could be used to assist people with impairments) or enjoyable? Cost would be "interesting" too.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

ps: Thanks for posting the pics