Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many of you cleared the course yet ?

MCJ's Avatar MCJ

Default How many of you cleared the course yet ?

A special congrates to Arnold how is only the second shooter in the Cape region to ever clear a 30 target range in the 2,5 years that FT exist.

This happed today
    on Parow range
    with Custom TX200 and Lynx 10-50 x 60 & JSB (yes you read right)

Youre the man Arnold!!!

Our first shooter that cleared a course of 30 target was
    Jaco van Lill
    at our N7 course
    back in Aug of 2006
    with a S400 and Lynx 10-50 x 60 scope & JSB

......and I started to wondering, personally I regard such an achivement HUDGE and would like to know how many of you guys cleared a course already....

PLEASE indicate the following
    Your name
    Where
    When
    Equipment

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

best i have doen is a 49/50 and 29/30 ......the 49/50 was with my walther and lynx 10-50x60 at a provincial at SA Jagters i think.....

Well done arnold! it takes alot of concentration to get a full score and espesially with a springer i would assume...

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

I have cleared a 30 shot course and so has Kuifie at Wonderboom.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Well, I must say that i have NEVER missed a target when i helped the guys to CLEAR THE COURSE after the shoot, does that count?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I agree with what Vettie said in the other thread. You should not be able to clear a course. There should always be that 1 elusive target for the top shots.

I must confess that the course I cleared was definetly not the most difficult course I have ever shot and if I had to give it a dificulty rating I would classify it as intermediate.

It does however feel great to see the targets fall over 1 after the other.

REP: The Airgun Shop

User Info Menu

Well done anyway...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I have never cleared a course. The difficulty of a course is irrelevant to me. Just remember what is pain to one is pleasure for another. I hate pain, so I don't enjoy shooting a course where somebody derives pleasure from forcing me to miss a target by being callous.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Arnold, I was gonna chuck in some reducers but more than one person complained of swirling winds in the confined Parow range so I though I would leave it to the wind to provide a challenge. You on the other hand seemed to have struck a deal with the gods, enough with the modesty, you shot well!

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Yes I did have a good day, if the reducers was in I think it would have been another story. I am well chuffed with myself though, especially for keeping concentration to the end and not messing up an easy shot because I thought I had it in the bag.

Vettie's Avatar Vettie

gerrief, its time to up the standard in SA ,we can and will win the worlds its up too us too decide when !
    If we can shoot 3 points better on a course we had Saturday nobody will stop us
    This is very competitive sport now the people want too shoot they want too win not everybody shoot for fun .There is a lot at stake
    It cost lots of bucks to get the wright equipment ,
    we all now you shoot for fun -its human nature too win
    so i'll be there on the 1 dec to help set the course for Alberton

Protea FT Team '09/'11/'12/'15/'16
    SAFTAA FT Colours '14

User Info Menu

On Sunday I placed 2 targets in the back garden. Does this count as clearing a course??

Well done Arnold. Even if the course wasn't to difficult you still had to hit 30 in a row. It's the same as hitting 200 runs against Bangladesh or score 3 tries against England, it might not be difficult but you still have to go and do it!

MCJ's Avatar MCJ

I still say that is a huge achivement. Arnold had to shoot 3 shots on his second last lane that was placed and 42m, 50m and 47m respectively.

Summary, so far we have,

Jaco van Lill
    Allan
    Kuifie
    Arnold

See what i mean!

You guys are part of a unique group of people. Any recomendations for a name ie Crackshots, "The Fullhouse club", .....

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Lucky luke and co? impgrin

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I also shoot to win, Vettie. It is just not the only reason or an obsession with me, why I personally shoot . Everybody has the right to enjoy himself the way he prefers. (Every body kisses his his wife the way he/they like) I have no problem if the standards are pushed up. What I'm talking about is being callous, for lack of vocabulary. ("geniepsig" is the Afrikaans word) The next thing is that anybody can now, with the new proposal of less "competitions" for next year, decide what or where he/she wants to shoot and for what reason. The third thing is: Did the Americans stick to the rule of reducers at certain distances only or did they go "ka...uh.." mad with it. Did anybody complain about it before you shot, or afterwards? Just asking. In all friendliness, I would PROBLABLY not be at Alberton on the first, so please carry on without me, if I'm not there.

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

[quote1194945784=mihki]
    On Sunday I placed 2 targets in the back garden. Does this count as clearing a course??

[/quote1194945784]
    In that case I have cleared many :claphead

mihki you clown :rotflmao