Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: faulty targets discussion

Vettie's Avatar Vettie

Default faulty targets discussion

This is something that leaves a bad taste in ones mouth when you hit a target and at the end of the day you loose the point because the target is cancelled

This normally happens at the end of the shoot that you hear a point is been deducted for a faulty target ,the person that got the target forfeits the point and the person who missed it gains .

What i mean here is that not only is the score now out off 49 but the score may equal the person whose point is deducted

Or

a point is given to the guys because off a faulty target ,

what about the guys who actually got a hit on that target ?

don't you think we can change this not to penalize those who did hit the target ?

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

I had a rant about this last year when i lost 4 points at a wonderboom shoot.

I after a long thread came to the conclusion that is the way the rules are and that is just something you will have to accept .

The other way arround you have the same problem .you hit it.the next 10 guys dont.The target is declared faulty so they get the point.Now they are tied with you for missing.So both ways you can loose your lead .

Vettie's Avatar Vettie

Allan i cant accept this that's why I'm asking that we look in too this if you worked for that point how can it just be taken away

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I agree so much with this. i had a discussion once with somebody about it. I also feel that every point you've earned, you work very hard for it. Then suddenly it will be deducted. Not good. So all i say is that if the rules do not allow it, then it must be changed. If i earned points i can't see any reason for it to be deducted in any way whatever the reason might be.
    So come on airrifle community, what do you say about this. Reply.
    Thanks Vettie

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Vettie what do you think is a better solution?

You have many years of shooting behinde you .Is there a system that is more fair ?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

The ones who missed it, missed it. Why awarded them a point. I don't get that reasoning.

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

If the target is declared faulty , who is to say they missed it or the target failed on them.I have at times shot a tatget and felt good about it only to see it stay standing.Was it me was it the wind was it a faulty target.The only time I have ever called a target into question I have been turned down by the range oficcail.Once as a complete miss(the target failed completely later) and once as an edge( I was so embarresed i even missed the second opertunity i was given at the target)

Protea FT Team '07/'08/'09/'10/'11/'13

User Info Menu

I do not think we will have the perfect solution to this problem. If I remember correctly with the last thread was that all try and make sure we do not have faulty targets or any targets out of range. I know that is easier said than done.

Like Allan said there are rules that every person that shoots FT knows before a match starts, and we all shoot under them.

Some you win, sometimes you lose. Lets make sure there is now faulty or out of spec targets. I wize the were some clever way to get arround this problem.

Vettie's Avatar Vettie

yes there is a solution that's fair but we need to discuss this matter maybe there is a Einstein out here that can solve this in a better way

User Info Menu

Yes maybe we can ask Duckworth-Lewis to work something out for FT !lol

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

If the faulty target must be rewarded to everyone, so be it. Don't make happy shooters unhappy, rather make everybody happy.

User Info Menu

Hi Goose jy so nice ou :thumbsup

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

what about immediately swapping out faulty targets if there is an inquiry as well as testing the target with the complainants gun, that way if it drops, then the shooter missed and if you hit the killzone and it remains standing then you can award the point instead of dropping the target from the course and screwing with the totals.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

There can be a sollution, i'm sure about that. the SAAFTA body must listen to everybody's suggestion and then decide. Let's vote, majority rules.We are living in a new SA.

Vettie's Avatar Vettie

i agree that something that almost never happens swapping out targets