Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paintball Technology

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Paintball Technology

HI guys,

Sure this will not be new to a lot of you.

Bought myself a new paintball marker yesterday. Am I impressed. Gone are the days of CO2 and low pressure bottles! The technology has been around for a while but has just taken me a while to jump on.

Bought the marker with a 68ci 4500psi (310bar) carbon fibre air vessel (bottle). The marker is fully regulated allowing roughly 1500 shots. It also has a solenoid valve and is capable of shooting 30paint balls per second. Now if this is not impressive then what is.

Wonder if we will ever have a pcp capable of shooting the same rate etc..... maybe the manufacturers can learn something from the marker designers......

Well just thought you guys might find it interresting.

Cheers

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I have been looking at this for a while now. It is amazing how you can buy a small bottle and regulator for R650, but when you want a regulator installed in your pcp it costs over R2k .... makes you wonder.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Arnold that would be a 3000psi alu bottle though. I however get what you are saying. It does make you wonder.....

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Which marker did you get?

Vettie's Avatar Vettie

2k for regulator is cheap Wally paid close to 3k for his when we where in england

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

That is true Simon. It is the bottom of the range bottle. Most of our regulated pcps get filled to 3000psi.

Buying a new cylinder for a S400 costed me R400 I think, then add a regulator and there is no comparison.

Beside all that, I do enjoy a round of paintball. I am just a bit unfit.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Exactly Vettie, it just does not make sense.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Yeah, the steel bottle is cheap for around R650.
    The aluminum ones are expensive - they are the ones that are fibre wrapped - there were some with kevlar at one stage but most of them are carbon fibre wrapped now. My 68cu 5000psi set me back R1700 about 1.5 years back.
    The nice thing you can buy a bottle failry cheap (most are made by the same manufacturer) and then buy the reg you want for it. My reg can be changed from HP to LP by replacing the Bellville springs. Cool if you have a marker operating on LP which already cost waaaaay too much so you can't afford another bottle

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Chaka,

Bought myself a Proto Matrix Rail. Not the best but good enough for me. I am not going to spend R11 000 on a marker only. I will however do a few upgrades on it that will make it just as good as the top level tournament markers. Needless to say try and explain to the missus you want a R11 000 marker when buying a R4000 marker is hard enough. In total I spent R8000 yesterday....

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Chaka I bought a pure energy 68ci 4500psi bottle with reg. That set me back R1800. That was the suppliers cost!!!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Cool. Welcome to the world of paintball mods....!!!
    I actually have a SmartParts Nerve I want to sell, so if you know of anyone....but not the bottle
    Just over a year old now.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

[quote1196322827=SimonS]
    Chaka I bought a pure energy 68ci 4500psi bottle with reg. That set me back R1800. That was the suppliers cost!!!
    [/quote1196322827]

Both mine are PureEnergy (actually the 5k psi is Evil branded, but the reg is made by PE).
    Depending on the model, yours should also be able to change from HP to LP. Never had problems with mine and the one is already going on 5 years - almost time for a hydro check.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Chaka when you say LP and HP what are respective pressures?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Can't remember the exact figures, but the LP reg output is around 400psi, the HP 850psi.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Paintball...mpressed-1.htm

Also how it affects the marker....... not detail but will give you an idea.