Thread: rules for SAFTAA to look at

Protea FT Team '12/'16/'17

User Info Menu

Default rules for SAFTAA to look at

Hi all.

all the rules floating around on the forum need to be send to the club's chairman or secretary so that they can be forwarded to SAFTAA.

i have send emails out to all SAFTAA shooters who put emails on their applications asking them to have a look at the rules and to send any rules to their clubs to forward it on. saftaa will be having a meeting tomorrow the 3rd December to have a look at the rules that have been submitted.

so far thhe rules that have been submitted are:

1: juniour or not juniour dates etc
    2: target colour
    3: recognision of shooters with 4 of more at a shoot
    4: enforcement of rules at all provincial matches.

please guys forward your rules to your clubs so that we can have the correct path of action, i have noted all comments passed on the forum and will try to put them forward but with out the correct paths being taken i cant promise that all will be done. if the paths are not followed then it will be reflected that i asTO will have put all the other rules changes forward and if someone does not like it then it is my head on the block. if it comes from the clubs then it is from the people and not just saftaa. so please get your clubs to send the rules to us for looking at.

Errol TO for SAFTAA.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Dotal DOM,
    I was present when somebody had a problem with something and it was reported to a senior member of SAFTAA in the presence of his club management official. The answer from both; "I don't mind doing that rule, lets leave it as is." (Not starting to shoot from a standing or kneeling position, as applied in the USA and other countries)
    I attended the SAFTAA meeting last year and tried to put forward some points I had a mandate for from club/SAFTAA members. You were there also and would recall how many was shot down as drivel from somebody that complains out of habit. None of that were addressed. This year it is your turn as most of it surfaced again this year, on this forum. Good luck.

User Info Menu

Gerrief i was not at the AGM, i remember that being asked, i will put it forward, that does not have to be a rule the clubs when dishing out the lanes can do that by them selves, i dont think that it should be added to the rules it is one of those rules,

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

maybe SAFTAA must have a voting system at a AGM where everybody can put his grieffs in person and then vote on it by all majority rules/not one persons view

Protea Benchrest (Air) Team '17/'19

User Info Menu

Amber, each SAFTAA affiliated club is entitled to send two representatives to the annual SAFTAA delegates meeting (the evening before the kick-off). At this meeting proposed changes to the SAFTAA rules are discussed and decisions taken by the delegates. No decision is taken by one person alone and this is also why all proposals should be submitted via your clubs.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Then the club members and the delegates should have a meeting before hand to discuss their issues and get to some resolution that suits everyone in the club. I dont see how it can work this way if only two delegates decides for every member in the club. More specifically, how can these delegates solve my problems if they have a different opinion than mine? How does the rest of the club members get informed of these decisions made one night before the kick off? And what say does the rest of the members have? How long after this meeting does the new rules apply? In my view this is not a very logic way to impliment or change rules that affects everybody.

Rest in Peace Mike 05/12/2014

User Info Menu

Amber your comments are the very essence of what democracy is about.

Most members of Sporting Associations do so for their enjoyment and are non-confrontational thus are lax in excercising their rights.

Intentional or not the representatives then follow their own noses and then the imbalances start and the masses get unhappy. The unfortunate result is that members then leave .

Having AGM's where most members attend and elect their representatives can go a long way in ensuring better governance.

I am only commenting on the principle Amber is raising in general and not on any specific situation within SAFTAA.

User Info Menu

Amber. you are correct the clubs should have a meeting to discuss what is going to be put forward to saftaa at the anual delgates meeting. Amber the biggest problem is if all shooters are invited then th meeting will never end as every one has different views. so if the clubs discuss the issues and deside on what to put forward it makes the process go quicker, as is the meeting normaly lasts untill 12 or so.

this is the way all bodies work, you cant go to parlament and complain you have to go to your local rep and he or she will pass the point on. it is the same in all sport.

User Info Menu

in all honesty the rules should be as open as possible to interpretation for the fun af the sport as we all shoot for the fun first as nobody is paid to shoot so there is no reason why we should get so worked up as long as the rules allow us to have fun while being safe should be the way to go forward.
    this is going to be my stance at the meeting tonight, and if anyone wants it to be otherwise please pm me and let me know and i will make the rules as tight as needed, but that is not what is nneded for the sport.