Thread: Fenix L2D CE

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Fenix L2D CE

I cant seem to be able to post a thread in the Review section, any help?

This review is for the Fenix L2D CE. This is a small ultra bright LED flashlight that i have been using for 6 months. I brought it directly from fenix-store and no shipping costs was charged. Total price was around $50 US. Got the light in 2 weeks via post office.

This light uses a Cree tpe LED that is super bright and I use mine with 2500 mah rechargeble energizer batteries.

It is about the same size as the 2 AA mini maglite only difference is the head size, the fenix L2D is smaller and the type of activation switch. The Fenix has a button on the end cap and the Mini Maglite has a head rotation type switch. The body is aircraft grade alluminium and the lens is from glass. I added and maglite pocket clip and it works a treat. The light also comes with a nylon sheath to protect it.

The Fenix has 5 types of operation: 9 lumens , 40 lumens , 80 lumens, SOS mode, turbo mode(130 Lumens) and strobe. The strobe function is great for blinding an attacker. This light focuses on a centre spot witha nice spill around the centre spot, the light cannot be refocused but is very good from the factory. The focus is tight enough for a bright far reaching beam but with enough spill to really see a huge area. The battery live is very good and i have never used it more than a half hour at a time so i have never drained the batteries in the 6 months i used it. It is supposed to run 90 minutes on full power.

The light of the fenix is very white. You can see on the pic that normal incadescent bulbs seem to be yellow. This "temperature" of the LED is very high which will also allow you to pick up animal eyes MUCH better! It is so effective that you can go outside in the evening and just shine it over the grass of your yard and you will pickup eyes of spiders hunting!!

With eskom losing power it is very important to have a decent flash light and the fenix will surely last a lifetime. A bonus is that the light can be made to stand on is bottom so that it can be used as a candle and it lights up a whole room.

The Fenix L2D CE also comes in a 1AA configuration.

I loved the small size and the quality of the product. It amazes me everytime I use it.
    I hated the fact that awesome tools is so expensive making it difficult to obtain in SA. I would have liked if the light came with a pocket clip as standard and if you could get a mount to use on a gun or a bicycle.

Pic 1: Fenix L2D, Mini Maglite 2AA, Victorinox knife for scale.
    Pic 2: Fenix light on the left ad the Maglite on the right. The fenix totally destroys the maglite when it comes to brightness.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Cool stuff. I like your new idea, showing us all your nice things.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

my ULTRAFIRE C8 CREE
    160 lumen output
    Work Voltage: 3~9V
    Current: 450~600mA Regulated
    with tactical striker head
    rechargeable li-ion 18650 2400MAH dual protaction battery.
    li-ion battery charger

it's bright... very bright...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

You still using that Avatar

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Goose, I unfortunately dont have that much cool stuff so you guys and gals with the toys should chip in and please list your goodies.

Boondock I saw that they are now making a 400 Lumen LED, hope in the not to distant future they can shrink it so that it can be used with AA bateries. I always like gadgets with easily obtainable parts or batteries. AA is universal so that was one of the main reasons for the Fenix L2D. They have a 200 Lumen Cr123 battery light but i dont like the batteries. they also have a new Premium L2d with a claimed 175 Lumen LED.