Thread: need make a muzzle brake

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default need make a muzzle brake

time to try something new...

i need to get this one made by aluminum for 15mm barrel for 5.0mm or 5.5mm pellets, just slide on and secured with single grab screw and must have crown.(not necessarily 100% identical as photo)

anyone know how?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Why, is it special?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I think Boondock wants to turn his Talon into a 50cal!

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

it is not going to work very well i think...not enough muzzle blast from an airgun to vent enough gas thru those big holes to reduce flip.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

goose... don't know yet... will find out... at least look speical at this stage.

Andrew... u right... .20 and .50... only 1 number differ... isn't it? lol...

LLoyd... i will first try to have it done in cpt if they can't. i will contact u. thanks

guido... the side openning holes are way too big... don't know if it gonna work... but hey.. this comes to the item of: not what i need but what i want..

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

A lot of the guys in America had these sort of fittings on the end of their barrel.

Makes a right noise if you ask me

Vettie(sniper)'s Avatar Vettie(sniper)

it will work with a single port (hole)at the side

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

i guess the design should be shift the noise towards the shooter but quiter for the target area.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Keep us posted.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Boondock,

you are going about it the wrong way mate ! way too expensive !

Did you know Coca-Cola and other soft drink manufacturers are sponsoring us shooting enthusiasts ???

For real...am posting the picture in the next ten minutes...

Cheers !

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

Hi Boondock,

are you trying to reduce noise or pellet flip? ie making a silencer or stripper? that thing, and I am no pro but, I believe that will not work on an airgun. That shape is to reduce recoil on large cal rifles. If something it would work better the other way around.. and the space between the segments are to big also. for airgun should be maybe 2mm. must be shorter than pellet anyways..

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

JTK,

Sorry mate, but in the mechanics of spring loaders, the 'noise' and pellet noise discharge is often confused...the spring piston is the culpable party here...having a sound moderator on a springer is an aesthetic excercise at best, at worst, just add 400 g of weight and maybe some improve balance to the air rifle.

I think Boondock simply wants a design center piece for discussions amongst his mates to remark upon as they drink their beers...no problem here..as It is a ' customization excersize'...BUT I agree with you It will serve no purpose whatsoever in the pellet & sound sound dynamics , NOR REDUCE RECOIL on a .177 or .20 .

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Boondock, you know the power level you are shooting at and you know that there is a lot of excess air going to waste so i think this might help a little to settle things down.Make a mini version keep us posted. I think it will look wicked with the muzzle suppressor and the sniper grip.

JG, there are some of the higher end springers that does indeed benefit from a silencer, including all other tuned springers. Not that much a difference but enough to help you shoot without the disturbuing neigbours etc.

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

Yes I must say, If I take my springer and fire it into the ground with the muzzle say about 15cm from the ground then she is much quiter. Almost sounds like a silenced rifle. But when firing at distance she has a distinct report. nothing like diesel etc but a definate report. And no I am not talking about hitting the target. My target is paper on layers of carpet backstop. So my thoughts was to add some sort of silencing when I make my new muzzle brake for the CFX. I aggree though that in general the silencer for a springer is not gonna be as effective as for a pcp/co2 because of the piston noise.