Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Gamo

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default My Gamo

Gamo CFX Royal
    BSA AR 3-12X44

Had to show the nice flames on my stock.

I get 820 fps with Gamo Pro Magnums
    (worked out with No Chrono in Chairgun)

Is it possible to fit a more powerful spring and where would I get one of these? Only getting about 10.6 fpe.

<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited ]</span>

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

A more powerfull spring is available. Me thinks it will be a waste of time. Your rifle will just kick like a mule and accuracy will suffer from this.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

how much will a more powerful spring cost?
    also a new piston seal
    and then also the front insert in the "silencer" where you insert the front sight.
    I would like to push up the power to 14-15 ftlbs if that is not possable atleast 12ftlbs

would it kick that much extra?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

What's the current level of power on your Gamo?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Spring= 95- 120
    Piston seal= 30-140 depends on what you replace. I get most my spares from Hot powder in Krugersdorp. Jou just have to take the old spring to get anew one (for measurement purposes)
    Kicking= EXTREME

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

In Holland your gun is known as a quarter pounder
    with cheese.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

And why might that be Martin?
    Zulu The power level is in my initial post.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Ah yes, sorry I missed that, just saw the 820 fps and missed the 10.6 ft/lbs. What pellets (& weight) do you use to get the 10.6ft/lbs?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I use Gamo pro Magnum wich is about 7gr this is what I got when personally weighing them. I started thinking and would now rather just get a good tune on the gun and a trigger pull is a bit heavy at 3.4 lbs. saw a nice trigger at this

http://www.charliedatuna.com/MK_1_GTX_trigger.htm

Do anybody know if tuning kits are available in SA and where at what price?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I was looking most of last year Arnold. Couldn't find anyone in SA stocking (or understanding even) what tuning kits are.

Best bet would probably be the USA market.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

If you do get the tuning kits for your Gamo, please tell us where and what you got. I remember when I used to have a Gamo Hunter 440, I looked everywhere for tuning kits and couldn't get anything. Only thing I got were spares, not custom made tuning kits.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

It can't be to difficult to manufacture the basic items such as the spring guide and top hat maybee even a piston seal then all you need to get is the spring, but i will first try to wear my existing spring with some heavy pellets and see how long it still gives good performance.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Yeah, if you can custom make your own parts to exact specifications, then of course, your problems will be solved. Unfortunately I'm not able to do that -are you going to custom make the parts yourself then?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

re gamo 440

ultratec1906/crosman quest 1000/b19..........are the exact copies maybe one can find tuning kits for one of them?

try tap reseater from hardware store as spring guide.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by urabus
    re gamo 440

try tap reseater from hardware store as spring guide.
    Unfortunately (or fortunately) I don't have the Gamo Hunter 440 anymore, I had such a bad experience with it I sold it and bought another spring gun but the 'tap reseater' as spring guide idea is certainly new and interesting for me. Maybe people with Hunter 440 out there could try it and tell us how it works?????