Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning chequering

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Cleaning chequering

Hiya

I've got some dried blood in my chequering, what's the best way to get it off? Dry brushing with a toothbrush hasn't removed it completely and I'm doubtfull that using some stock oils might just make it permanent.

Should some sunlight dishwashing stuff harm the wood? Or how about some alchohol?

It's not some speckles either, it's quite a large area.

hmmmmmmmmmm.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Try silyva first, should dissolve the blood. Little bit of water and soap otherwise.

ps: Could you not kill your prey shooting it, so you had to use the stock and bang it to death?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Well I dunno about you guys, but I go through a 'cleansing of the soul' ritual for the prey. This can get a little messy with blackjacks scratching certain body parts. !amazed

Thanks Lewis I'll give a bit of going over with some gob or warm water 'n some lux - aparantly it'll bring out the star in my rifle. !dodge

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Cobus,
    The man shoots AA pellets, he HAS to CLUB his quarry to death. hie hie

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Come now Gerrie,
    his gun might just prefer the AA pellets ... :rude:
    or he has more money than we do x)

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

So he says..but mine prefers AccuPell.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

You seem to just keep telling yourself that coz you're a cheapskate and need money for booze. :beer:

All those single legged pigeons you leave in the trees sigh a breath of relief when they know the next pellet is an AA, finally the misery is over. 8)

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Gerrie and Avion,
    u 2 seem to have a thing going ...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hehe - you should hear it. All day on a Sunday.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Just to put this matter to bed for once and for all.

I met Avion at TS yestereday. I bought all the AccuPells they had in stock.You should have seen Avion's eyes. Me thinks he was there to buy AccuPell but he didn't want to let me know about it. The story about one legged pigeons is just a story to hide the fact that when I (enphasis on "I", duo to my shooting ability) hit with an AccuPell, it is a one shot kill. It must look great from a distance and would obviously make other hunters envious. Sorry Avion, but I can sell you some if you want.I will even give you some for free, I promise it will increase your score on the course, or in the velt with at least three shots and still leave you with money for extra beers or that sling you want.You would also feel much better knowing you using great equipment.
    Ask Lewis, he is also uses it and there is nothing wrong with his shooting. :beer:

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I arrived just in time to watch you making the same mistake over and over again. Sigh. Some people never learn.....

Well I might take a couple of tins off your hands. What with Brocock buying out Crosman and the future of their pellets weighing in the balance, they might end up being collectors tins.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Myself, Lewis, StoffelToo, Hennie and wait for it .... :rude: even GerrieF :rude: shoot with Accupell, must count for something, as the tin say, probably the worlds most accurate airgun pellet .... most Alberton Indian Mynahs can confirm that ... ah wait, they can't ... they're dead :cowboy:

Might be wrong but I think Urabus also shoots it !
    Come over to the light ... once you go AccuPell you never go back ... :shoot:
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Tue Apr 12 2005, 12:54PM ]</span>

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hehe, have to have a chuckle at the "Probably" bit on the tin.

I've tried them - not just being anti-accupell. I shot half a tin, they grouped 3.5" @ 40m, plus terrible flyers every so often, so the actual grouping was more like 6". Bench rest eh!

Then I cleaned the barrel, yeah well, I've never seen a barrel so filthy - and that was only half a tin.

Yeah the accupells were cleaned before hand. So either the lead is so soft it's binding to the barrel, or it's disintergrated under accelleration.

Like I said - they just don't work for me.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

yes back in the days...........
    now i exclusively use H&N FTT (hornet) and exterminators in the rest. how much do they go for up there (accupells)? avion, maybe i can get some for you?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Think the price is R 55/500