Thread: Hatsan mod80

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Hatsan mod80

Hi there. Im new to this forum and i just had a few questions.
    Is a Hatsan mod.80 a decent rifle and will a airtec silencer affect the velocity?
    And the differences between a Hatsan mod.80 and a Gamo cfx.

Thanks a million

Herbie53

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hey Herbie53 welcome to the forum. The Hatsan isn't as good as the CFX and on any springer a silencer would just be for show because the noise produced by springers is mechanical, this doesn't mean that you cannot use one for asthetics.

The CFX is a better rifle for a number of reasons and many of the guys that use them have graduated from entry level rifles like the Hatsan. I myself had a Hatsan and once I had tried some other rifles that were slightly more expensive I quickly replaced it. Thats not to say that it will break because Hatsans are pretty tough.

There is a golden rule on this forum and that is "TRY BEFORE YOU BUY" and since you need a comparison it would be wise to try a number of guns in your price range and if you have a problem justifying the expense of higher end kit then just ask any of us who started small and have ended up on the dark side of expense.

You can iether buy 3 or 4 rifles of limited capability or you can go straight for the kill, the latter being the cheaper, believe me!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thanks alot Andrew.
    Its just that i ordered a Hatsan mod.80 and then when i went to a few gun shops looking for a scope they told me its a waste of time and it wont last. It kinda did burst my bubble. Did i make a mistake with buying the Hatsan as my first rifle? My budget is about R2000 on rifle without scope, and im sure i can pic up a Gamo for that price.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Oh and another thing, I see that theres alot of Gamo CFX's in the for sale section. Is there a reason for this.....is there a common problem that i should know about?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

The Gamo's are more popular so it stands to reason that there will be a few for sale from upgraders. The Hatsan is o.k. for the price and only for the price. You should easily be able to pick up a Gamo CFX for two grand or less, they are very popular amongst the guy's.

The major problem with the Hatsan is the recoil. A powerful springer will have hectic recoil and this translates into poor accuracy and the trigger is also something of an achilles heel because of it's 2.3 kilometres of eyewatering creep!

Creep is when you pull and pull and pull and then suddenly it goes off so it takes a bit of time to get used to and what's more it makes pulling the shot easier.

If you have already bought a Hatsan dont feel too bad cause if you can learn to tame that beast then you would have awarded yourself with good grounding for when you buy something better and you would have learned a lot about managing recoil and the like.

A word of warning, get good mounts for your scope, I recommend a one piece mount and expect that Hatsan to kick the piss out of the scope so make sure the scope is spring rated and not too pricey!

Lastly, I see you are in Capetown? Give me a call on 0845550012 and I will help you where I can in terms of where to buy and so on.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thanks a million Andrew
    Im gonna have a look at the hatsan when it gets here but judging by what you said, its more powerfull then the cfx but far less accurate.
    Where would be a good place to get a scope. Is R400 an ok budget?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

You could probably get a 4x32 for that but as I said before rather come and sample some stuff before whipping out yer wallet. You have PM

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Join us on Saturday and check out some of the scopes

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Join where? When? How much?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

See post: AAC shoot Sat 12 Jan
    Deadlinks/forum_viewtopic.php?43014.last[/url]