Thread: FXA Royale 400 | Review

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default FXA Royale 400 | Review

My FX royale 400 5.5 mm
    Rifle is not standard anymore it has a FX factory regulator fitted by Louis (Importer)
    The barrel has been sleeved with an old AA 410 FAC steel shroud, the original FX barrel is 14 mm OD and it just so happened that inside diameter of the AA shroud was 14 mm so with a bit of polishing with fine emery cloth it fitted perfectly
    The FX barrel when put into the lathe was near perfectly true and this was also the same of the AA shroud I had expected that the shroud would have some run out but not so, it speaks volumes for AA workmanship and selection of their components. Everything was glued together with Loctite 603
    The barrel outside diameter was now 16 mm, this made it considerably stiffer. I was then able to fit a partially sleeved silencer over the barrel which was much bigger in volume and heavier than the original one. The whole rifle is very light, a bit to light for my shooting preference so lead shot was put into the fore end of the stock and with the addition of the heavier silencer it made it slightly muzzle heavy, this made it much easier for quick free standing shots
    FX rifles have a dial on the side with3 setting which can be adjusted for a required velocity. After setting up the Reg for the velocity I wanted on full power, which was 912 FPS with an 18.13 gr JSB I then used a Dremil tool to open up the 2nd port so that I could shoot 13.43 gr JSBs at 770 FPS.
    When zeroed with the 13.43 gr pellets at 20 mtrs the 18.13 gr pellets shot to the same point of aim on full power. With the bigger silencer the rifle is very quiet and on the lower setting for the 13.43 gr pellets it is very, very quiet and is economical with air
    Work was also done on the trigger putting shims in to stop side play and then the pistol grip was fattened up for my trigger finger to rest more naturally on the trigger.
    The whole set up is very accurate and easy to shoot with

SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    BOSS 2017

User Info Menu

Looks and sounds good, Chris. Enjoy!

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Very Very nice

These rifles are tremendously underrated , and have amongst the very best valve systems out there

I would love to own one !

Pity they have become so expensive

Marksman

User Info Menu

@Dogtrix Was there any reason why you chose the Royal over the impact? And now that the crown is out, would you consider upgrading or at least just upgrade to a smooth twist x barrel?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I got this rifle about 4 years before the Impact existed, it is a smooth twist barrel,was not regulated at that stage .Added a regulator much later .
    I love the quick side wheel power adjustment
    this particular rifle also shoots the lighter the pellets very well
    the FX royale has no complicated external adjustments but that does not mean it cannot be tuned to the same extent as the Crown

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I wish I could get my hand on one of these...they are so damn nice!
    Let one slip through my fingers years ago...very sad.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Great looking setup you have there.