Thread: Scopes for hatsan...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Scopes for hatsan...

Ive been told by people that a Hatsan mod80 has alot of recoil, more then a normal air rifle infact.
    I just want to know if a Nikko Stirling Gold crown scope 3-9x42 will work.
    Is there any precautions i should take?
    And any suggestion on other good scopes in the R500 - R700 range?

Thanks
    Herbie53

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

Hi Herbie, the N/S scopes are good but I would go for a "Airking" It will set you back a few rand more than standard Goldcrown but at least you have the peace of mind that it is 100% springer rated and that if your springer kills it N/S will not think twice about swapping it out. That said. A normal goldcrown may just work 100% as well

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Are you serious? Will Nikko Stirling swap it if the hatsan breaks it?

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

the airking. it is spring airgun rated so yes am 99.9% convinced they will swap it. Others may be able to chime in here but that is the reason I bought one. peace of mind on the $$ spent.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Herbie, they should but it is always good to ask the dealer if he is prepared to honour a guarantee on a scope that is going onto a high powered springer. Mention the Hatsan and see what he say's then at least you are covered.

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

and of course the airking comes with a one piece mount that will help keep it still under recoil. I modded mine to make 2 stop pins through the mount to help keep it still. these springers may not feel like much but they sure move a scope around

at least you dont have one of those mod125's, I here they shake the filling from you teeth!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

The mod 125's are stupid and I've seen a couple that self destructed. They have now taken to welding their scope rails on and it looks like a dogs balls!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

JTK, the one piece mount is a good idea but you could get away with standard good quality mounts. The Hatsan has a little stop plate on it which prevents the mount from sliding back but the problem is that the scope slides back in the rings so it is important to have some sort of adhesive gum strip in place before tightening your scope because I can promise you that you can bend the alan key while tightening the caps down but if your scope is metal to metal then the Hatsan will pull the scope out from under a truck!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Ok, if Chaka's one has mill-dots then im gonna take it.

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

mmm.. bit confused Herbie, selling the Mod80 and getting scope for it at the same time?

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

yes the adhesive strips are on the ns mount..

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Theres not alot of interest in the mod80 so im gonna buy a scope. If some1 doesnt take it then im still gonna get a Gamo CFX and use the scope on there.

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

kewls! use it for a plinker and get the CFX anyways. I am sure one can quiten it down with a bit of a tune.
    JT