Thread: Hamster

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Hamster

I've made one (well, rough cut for now) from wood that I can slip on to my TX200.
    Still trying to figure out what is the best height and make sure I'm comfortable before I make the final product.

At the moment is roughly 90mm, measured from the bottom of stock to bottom of hamster, after cutting out the rough shape.

Depending on how I sit - either resting on my knee or over my arm, the rifle feels heavy and like its going to fall over. I can stop this from happening by changing my position a bit, but doesn't feel that comfortable.

I can start cutting of little at a time, but any suggestions as to the average height your hamster is set to?

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Hight is about comfort.If you like them high you will have a top heavy gun.This is why the Americans put on those funny looking counter balances

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Keep on experimenting Chaka, also the distance to the front or back make a difference to get your balancing point right. When i build a hamster for a new gun it still take me days to sort it out. The hamster on my FWB P70 is rebuilded 6 times.