Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HFT

Protea FT Team '06/'07/'08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13/'14
    National FT Champ '05/'08

User Info Menu

Default HFT

We are in the beginning of a new year and this might the right time to start new ventures.
    to accommodate the masses out there that have air rifles and can not afford the Hi Tec of FT.
    Its now time to introduce HFT to them without prejudice to FT

Adopting the UK HFT rules(12ft rifles with max 12 power scope for international competition)and also using hi power rifles in the open class

With enough interest there is the possibility for Provincial and National colours in future
    I'm busy affiliating with an existing body to accommodate HFT
    If you are interested please get in touch with me

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hennie I'm in. Let me know how you are doing. I need to affiliate to a body that means something to and for me.

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

yes I think just about all of us with springers are in

User Info Menu

The affiliation means that you can get Dedicated Sportsman and for your center fire rifles aswell

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Count me in.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

At last and then there are are still some people that think prayers are not heard!!!!
    We have thousands of air rifles out there that are not used nearly to its capacity. HFT provide a platform to start from, in the Target shooting fraternity other than punching holes in paper targets in your back yard.(BR excluded, which to my mind is the ultimate in precision shooting) It is fun and almost everybody will be able to compete on equal footing with and against each other, with the equipment that they have, be it high power rifles and scope or not. In fact the high power scopes will only have to be set down to 12x power to compete, but you will not need a new scope as the FT scopes can be used, taped on 12x. HFT is more a simulation of hunting than FT because you are not allowed to range, other than with the naked eye, making it much more challenging to knock down. Should you miss the KZ for 2 points you still get one point if you hit the silhouette. Much, much more fun I think. If you think you want to upgrade, all you'll need, in a lot of cases, is a hi-tech scope, if you don't want to spend the extra money you carry on shooting HFT with your relatively cheap air rifle. As simple as that. Let's go for it people!!!!

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

yeah!!!

User Info Menu

I think this is a step in the right direction to fill the gap(al the owners of airrifles that dont know what to do with them).
    Then you also have the once off payment to the affilliation and this is national

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Good going Sniper, I think the rest out there really need this. I support the idea and will also do marketing in my area.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

i am in. can,t wait.

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

another interesting one.. I read on one of the international forums that the guys want to take the sport a little further.. even though it is only social. They want to start a compitition where the aim is to do the best with the cheapest equipment. You get penalised points based on the value of your rifle/scope. This is to ecourage the guys with cheap guns to participate and also to, in some insane way, level the playing field.. I for one though it was a great idea.. get some guy to comewith his chinese special and win a comptition agains a AA .. lol! can only prove to be fun!

User Info Menu

i'm glad you guys see the bigger picture already

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

[quote1200944646=JTK]
    another interesting one.. I read on one of the international forums that the guys want to take the sport a little further.. even though it is only social. They want to start a compitition where the aim is to do the best with the cheapest equipment. You get penalised points based on the value of your rifle/scope. This is to ecourage the guys with cheap guns to participate and also to, in some insane way, level the playing field.. I for one though it was a great idea.. get some guy to comewith his chinese special and win a comptition agains a AA .. lol! can only prove to be fun!
    [/quote1200944646]
    When the word competition and sport are found together money sooner or later becomes a factor.

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

very true.. the discussions did cover a lot of how to prevent somone from realy sooping up a cheap gun and then saying "I just lightly tuned it" With something like this.. mmm I suppose what we need to remember is that it is a social thing.. not sport. you want sport go HFT/ FT!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hi Hennie, I'm game, sounds like a great idea, will keep an eye on the forum for any further developments.