Thread: Axsor / Logun / Webley / FXA

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Axsor / Logun / Webley / FXA

Can somebody help me here? I dont want to bore anybody to death but i find this intersting and would like to know more if somebody have any info. I went through the forum and read some old threads, some threads about the Loguns and such, and a lot of people say that the FX and the Logun is the same rifle, but i'm not so sure. I've done some research on the net and got the following information, but please help me if i'm wrong.

There is a company in Sweden called CNC Process, they make the Axsor Gemini 8 rifle. Then a certain Hogun chap came along and bought into this company, made a few changes to the rifle and started pruducing the Logun rifle as we know them today, but still in the same factory. So now the factory is producing 2 rifle "brands", the Axsor and the Logun.

Later on one of the engineers working in the CNC Process factory deceided to go on his own and make his own rifles, that is where the FX was born. I believe there was a court case between CNC and the engineer about that.

And then there is the Webley and Scott firm that fits in somewhere as well. All i know about them is that they are a very old company and had to close down somewhere in 2005, and in 2006 Airgunsport purchased the company and carried on with the Webley name.

So my coclusion is that they are 4 different rifles. All "related" in some form or another, but not the same. They are made/designed by different people and to different specs, although some are made in the same factory.

Protea FT Team '06/'07/'08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13/'14
    National FT Champ '05/'08

User Info Menu

they are all made in the same factory .you can fit a WEBLEY stock to a FX or AXSOR every logo has a special rifle that the other doesnt have

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Logan Solo has "FX Airguns" branded on it

User Info Menu

true the fx typhoon's recoil pad is branded logan

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

interesting

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I have been researching the same topic. Thing I cant figure out is how they sell the Logun solo so much cheaper than the FX Typhoon when they appear to be the same rifle except for pressure gauge. Cant seem to find specific differences anywhere. The FX's in England seem to be modded before sale according to specs from BTAS - different regulator system. Can anyone shed any more light on this?
    I had an early FX Cyclone (-6yrsago) which was a beaut - very easy lever cocking mechanism and superbly accurate barrel. Variable power etc, Magazine was a bit finicky. Had to sell it when times got tough. Now looking for a replacement. Not sure if I can justify double the price for the FX. Any comments appreciated.

User Info Menu

thats easy ask the importer of fx why

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

If you want an FX Tyfoon, buy an S400, better quality, better trigger, S400 has pressure gauge, FX has stupid load gate, S400 has better refinement and the charging gear for the S400 is less than half the price which brings the overall cost below the Typhoons pricetag and if the S400 breaks (unlikely) you can have it sorted very quickly by Louis at Air Arms Target Sport within days. If you buy the Typhoon and it breaks, good luck mate!

ps: the Solo is unregulated.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I am bias, but after owning 4 S400's what can I say. Great rifle compared to the Logun/FX. I shot a Logun about 3 weeks ago and struggled to load the rifle due to the small port and the position of the barrel.

The S400 loads a lot easier, is built better I think and has excellent backup. I totally agree with Andrew if it was up to me I would choose a S400. my 2c

I also had a Webley FX2000 (very similar to the axsor). This rifle had a very nice stock, was accurate and the magazine functioned properly. I got 40 high power shots from the .177 and although the trigger was not up to the S400 standard, it was used for hunting and for that purpose the trigger was fine once adjusted to my liking.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thanks for the feedback.
    Just finished browsing the airgunbbs in UK. One of the threads asked the question - "List your top 5 airguns. "
    Must have been over a 100 replies and the thing I noticed was that almost every one listed an Air Arms S400 or S410 as being one of their top 5 pcp's. TX200HC and Propsport were among the top in springers. So it looks as if I will need to save a bit more.
    Was offered a Solo at very good price but am wary since I can't test it myself. Very frustrating trying to buy a gun over the internet. Also no-one around here with guns to try - am in a small town.
    I bumped my head with previous guns which did not perform as advertised so trying to be more carefull this time round.
    If you hear of a good ones going 2nd hand please keep me in mind.
    Am a teacher so also hoping that once I get a gun my enthusiasm will rub off and I can get a club started.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

TomCat,
    Why not sell some of the "not so bright" rifles to finance something decent?

Swift's Avatar Swift

[quote1201616780=Andrew]
    Logan Solo has "FX Airguns" branded on it
    [/quote1201616780]

Yip, and on our test gun it was skew...

IMHO Stay away from the Solo... its free floating barrel can be moved around with little effort (one finger) and loading it is a b***!