Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Target shooting air rifles - Airforce Edge

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Saxon

A few facts:

- MMP is on the SANSSU board as development manager.

- The AirForce EDGE was accepted by the USA technical committee. By the way the USA committee EXCLUDES the AirArms MPR for usage in the USA.

- The person (Mr Anton Uys) in Carolina WAS the technical manager - He does NOT own such a rifle, only had one to evaluate and returned it to the person importing it.

- I took over from Mr Uys (the person from Carolina). - He informed me about the previous decision.

- As the new technical manager ( and I had never handled this rifle before in my life) I need to verify the previous decision, and thus are willing to have it re-evaluated by the technical committee (that I chair)

- Refer to SANSSU rules paragraph 4.4.2 for the list of approved rifles.

- I do not wish to make this a public incident and thus I am willing to talk in private

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

PLEASE read post number 10, that is the letter from SANSSU.....
    Also see MMP's post number 4, also says it's approved is Sporter class........
    It is not about making it a public incident at all! Who is Johan Pienaar that sent me the email INCLUDING the USA rules that says the rifle is approved? Speak to him, as far as I am concerned the rifle will be used next year. On what he said, someone has imported a few of these and I have bought some of them and done round trips to Johannesburg to collect them. End of story. You guys need to sort this out not me and not the importer!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Just a FYI, my wife is not from SA so she wrote to SANSSU asking for a set of English SANSSU rules.....she was sent the USA ones. I rest my case!
    Last edited by Saxon; 09-12-13 at 20:53.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Let me just clear up some issues.

I can recall the conversation I had with Kate and I get many inquiries of this nature. I made it very clear that the information I provided was general background information and that further discussion was required. Although the SA rules are based on the USA rules it should have been clear that we are not using the USA rules as is. The matter of approved rifles was never discussed and I had no further contact or inquiry in this regard from my contact with Kate.

Like Adriaan stated. We will have to evaluate the rifle and like Adriaan, I have never seen or handled the rifle.

Johan Pienaar.
    Last edited by Pinepix; 09-12-13 at 21:55.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Post 10, is the email you sent Kate, it was not a phone call READ POST 10..........I have all the mails...the one she sent you asking for a set of English rules and the one as in post 10 that you sent back........why are you back peddling? It's in black and white.

Rest In Peace Vincent

User Info Menu

As an impartial observer, I believe it will be beneficial to have this subject drop below radar and public scrutiny until the Edge has been correctly evaluated and any misconceptions clarified.

Protea FT Team '11
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

Good advice Vincent. Saxon, chill a while until Adriaan has had the rifle for review. Adriaan is a GREAT guy and if the rifle is suitable, it will get approved. If not approved for whatever reason, THEN you can take it further.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

lol this is some funny reading

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Morning All

I would like to put this public verbal "furore" to bed now.

I escalated the situation to the executive committee of SANSSU, by names of the president of SANSSU Mr Andre Pienaar.
    His guideline to me is to operate within the rules and constitution of SANSSU.

The SANSSU rules stipulate that the technical committee must evaluate and approve any equipment before usage.

I live by these rules as it defines my portfolio on the executive of SANSSU.

The correct action is:

1. Provide the technical committee with a sample rifle for evaluation
    2. I will convene a technical team (of at least 3 members) to evaluate the rifle.
    3. Approval will be forthcoming pending a positive review of the equipment and related issues (e.g. the operational refilling of the rifle)

All further communications in this regards must be sent to my eMail address: adriaan (DOT) snyman (AT) gmail (DOT) com

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by adrsny001 View Post
    Morning All

I would like to put this public verbal "furore" to bed now.

I escalated the situation to the executive committee of SANSSU, by names of the president of SANSSU Mr Andre Pienaar.
    His guideline to me is to operate within the rules and constitution of SANSSU.

The SANSSU rules stipulate that the technical committee must evaluate and approve any equipment before usage.

I live by these rules as it defines my portfolio on the executive of SANSSU.

The correct action is:

1. Provide the technical committee with a sample rifle for evaluation
    2. I will convene a technical team (of at least 3 members) to evaluate the rifle.
    3. Approval will be forthcoming pending a positive review of the equipment and related issues (e.g. the operational refilling of the rifle)

All further communications in this regards must be sent to my eMail address: adriaan (DOT) snyman (AT) gmail (DOT) com
    I appreciate this BUT who is going to supply the rifle? Who is going to pay the cost of getting the rifle to you, who is going to then compensate the importer for the rifle as it will then have to be sold as second hand...........?
    I respect what Robbie said and will go with that BUT I am not going to stand by and see the importer loos out as I asked him to bring them in. I have all the documentation ie. email from Johan P. sending me the USA Rules that states we can use this rifle.
    I will wait and see what happens.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon View Post
    I appreciate this BUT who is going to supply the rifle? Who is going to pay the cost of getting the rifle to you, who is going to then compensate the importer for the rifle as it will then have to be sold as second hand...........?
    I respect what Robbie said and will go with that BUT I am not going to stand by and see the importer loos out as I asked him to bring them in. I have all the documentation ie. email from Johan P. sending me the USA Rules that states we can use this rifle.
    I will wait and see what happens.
    The guy that wants to use it

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Oblivious View Post
    The guy that wants to use it
    Please Capt, WHAT don't you understand with the following:
    "Good day Kate.
    The SA rules are based on the USA 3P council rules with some minor localchanges (sporter class, the most popular class at schools level) and I wouldrecommend you start with the sporter class.I have attached a copy of the USA rules plus some other reading material.Please contact me if you require more information. At first glance this isgoing to look very technical and complicated, but shooting is a wonderfulsport.What school will she be attending next year. I am looking forward to seeingher taking part next year.
    Regards.Johan Pienaar
    079 885 1659
    johan.pienaar@pinepix.co.zawww.pinepix.co.za "

In these rules that we got sent by SANSSU it says the AF Edge CAN be used. Is it so difficult to read? This was a request for a English set of rules directed to SANSSU from there website. HWY does it now become our problem to get the rifle approved? Even MMP says in post 4 (He is part of SANSSU) that it is approved in Sporter class..............

Rest in Peace Mike 05/12/2014

User Info Menu

Arrangements have been made for the importer to deliver Edge Rifle. Adriaan will attend to immediately.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thanks MMP.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I think for the price it is the best entry level rifle available for a kid going to grade 8 to start with.................NOW IT BEING A AIRFORCE RIFLE IS JUST A BONUS!