Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Target shooting air rifles - Airforce Edge

REP: Helber International Trading

User Info Menu

Default Target shooting air rifles - AirForce Edge

Hi

Finally arrived and in South Africa now.

The perfect air rifle for schools and old school target shooters and the much more affordable pricing then the current going rate in the market.
    http://www.airforceairguns.com/EDGE-...Rifle-s/44.htm
    http://www.airforceairguns.com/Articles.asp?ID=153

Regards
    Helber

Rest In Peace Vincent

User Info Menu

SANSSU approved?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Sax SAX!!

Did you see an AirForce you don't have!!!
    You better order quick or your reputation will be shot.

Rest in Peace Mike 05/12/2014

User Info Menu

The rifle is an approved Sporter class rifle; I have requested our technical appointee to reply; the reason being that a policy has to be followed to approve locally; price being cardinal.

What will the price be?

Good rifle; USA colleagues reported pellet sensitivity, but that was a while ago, there is a rifle in Carolina which belongs to a SANSSU official!

User Info Menu

Correct me if I am wrong the "SA rules are based on the USA 3P council rules"

Prof. Jan Itor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Helber View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong the "SA rules are based on the USA 3P council rules"
    Chapter 4: http://www.flexiweb.za.net/Portals/9...s_20130110.pdf

Goedgekeurde Sporter Gewere
    Luggewere wat goedgekeur is vir die Sporter Klas is Daisy M853/953/753, Daisy 888, CZ T200, CZ S200, Air Arms T200, Air Arms MPR, Crosman PCP en Custom Target Rifle (I think this means the Ralph Badenhorst CTR).

Die volgende aanpassings word toegelaat volgens die rёels: Enige luggewere wat nie op die lys voorkom nie, maar wel aan die reŽls voldoen vir n Sporter geweer mag aan die Wapengoedkeuringskomitee (ReŽls 4.4.15) voorgelÍ word vir goedkeuring.
    Geen veranderinge mag aan die wapen gedoen word nie, behalwe soos hieronder uiteengesit. Indien enige twyfel ontstaan moet die wapen verwys word na die wapenkeuringskomitee wat skriftelik uitsluitsel daaroor sal gee. Die komitee se besluit sal finaal wees. Die wapen moet aan die volgende vereistes voldoen.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mze View Post
    SANSSU approved?
    MZE yes they are, I sent a email to SANSSU and got a reply from a chap named John and in the documentation he sent me it stated the AirForce Edge may be used.
    @Kuberboef I picked it up on Thursday..........you way 2 slow boet!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    there is a rifle in Carolina which belongs to a SANSSU official!
    Make that 2 for Mpumalanga now, my daughter will be using her new AF Edge at Ermelo High School next year.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Very nice comes with a Walther Lothar match grade barrel and quick fill and VERY lite.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

This is the letter from SANSSU

"Good day Kate.
    The SA rules are based on the USA 3P council rules with some minor localchanges (sporter class, the most popular class at schools level) and I wouldrecommend you start with the sporter class.I have attached a copy of the USA rules plus some other reading material.Please contact me if you require more information. At first glance this isgoing to look very technical and complicated, but shooting is a wonderfulsport.What school will she be attending next year. I am looking forward to seeingher taking part next year.
    Regards.Johan Pienaar
    079 885 1659
    johan.pienaar@pinepix.co.zawww.pinepix.co.za "

and in the rules it says AF Edge may be used. This is why I asked Bernard to import it for us.
    Last edited by Saxon; 09-12-13 at 13:17.

Rest in Peace Mike 05/12/2014

User Info Menu

Price please?

User Info Menu

Price is R7400 excl vat incl the rear sight

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hi there all

As the new technical manager for SANSSU, I contacted Anton Uys, the previous technical manager (The person in Carolina).

Under his management term, the EGDGE was evaluated and did NOT impress.

Yes the rifle is accepted in USA under their rules.

In RSA the rifle was NOT approved due to number of facts:
    - NO gauge to read the pressure remaining in the cylinder.
    - The WHOLE rifle need to be moved to the refill point to refill it, as it does NOT have a removable air cyclinder (Safety issues with school children. (Can be bypassed with special rule of an empty barrel indicator that sticks out BOTH sides of the barrel)
    - Cheekpiece not adjustable.
    - Accuracy was suspect

In short I am willing to have the rifle re-evaluated by the technical committee, for usage in the SANSSU domain.
    Can the importer please contact me ASAP, and provide me with a rifle for testing

Adriaan Snyman
    (0 8 3 six 7 5 three 9 73) or pm me for all my details

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by adrsny001 View Post
    Hi there all

As the new technical manager for SANSSU, I contacted Anton Uys, the previous technical manager (The person in Carolina).

Under his management term, the EGDGE was evaluated and did NOT impress.

Yes the rifle is accepted in USA under their rules.

In RSA the rifle was NOT approved due to number of facts:
    - NO gauge to read the pressure remaining in the cylinder.
    - The WHOLE rifle need to be moved to the refill point to refill it, as it does NOT have a removable air cyclinder (Safety issues with school children. (Can be bypassed with special rule of an empty barrel indicator that sticks out BOTH sides of the barrel)
    - Cheekpiece not adjustable.
    - Accuracy was suspect

In short I am willing to have the rifle re-evaluated by the technical committee, for usage in the SANSSU domain.
    Can the importer please contact me ASAP, and provide me with a rifle for testing

Adriaan Snyman
    (0 8 3 six 7 5 three 9 73) or pm me for all my details
    AS A MEMBER OF THE PUBLIC THAT WAS INFORMED BY SANSSU OFFICE THAT IT CAN BE USED! Are we talking about the same rifle???? The air cylinder un-screws and is a separate unit with the check piece. READ the letter I was sent by SANSSU.....if this rifle is not allowed to compete.....SANSSU will be hearing from some friends of mine to recoup costs!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    The rifle is an approved Sporter class rifle; I have requested our technical appointee to reply; the reason being that a policy has to be followed to approve locally; price being cardinal.

What will the price be?

Good rifle; USA colleagues reported pellet sensitivity, but that was a while ago, there is a rifle in Carolina which belongs to a SANSSU official!
    How can you say this is approved in sporter classs (as a SANSSU representative) and then THE TECHNICAL MANAGER OF SANSSU comes on and says it is not allowed?