Thread: NEWS !! Air Arms install tamper proof anti shear bolts..start buying pre Nov/07 second rifles ??

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default NEWS !! Air Arms install tamper proof anti shear bolts..start buying pre Nov/07 second rifles ??

Guys,

As of Nov./07 , AA have installed on their PCP rifles anti tamper sheared bolts...completely unlike the 2 bolts which you can unscrew below the disassembled action.

Was reading this on the UK AA forum, so am scouting for a couple of second hand AA for future 'tuning' heheh !

Come to think of it, the Forum Moderator I think also mentioned they are doing this to their unrestricted FAC export lines to the US. Maybe South Africa is affected ???

In the long run It basically means second hand pre Nov/o7 generation PCP's will hold their value...and who knows, may go up in price ??

http://www.airarmsownersclub.com/vie...57db6b314e1918

AIR ARMS EXPLANATION:

1/ Why did we decide to fit anti-tamper
    This has not been easy for the manufactures as it has cost a great deal of money to implement and has added to the cost of production of the rifles. This is not of the making of the manufactures but requested by the (UK) Home Office (B*stards !). All types of rifle have had to go to a Home Office approved testing house to make sure it meets with the guide lines layed down by the home office. Naturally part of the guide lines cover power control so your fears of having an over limit rifle you can put to rest.

2/Can you purchase a non anti tamper rifle the answer to that is no .

3 As you can see from item one this has been requested by the (UK )government and we have no choice. As you can see this was not of the making of Air Arms or any other of the other manufactures and we understand your disappointment. Air Arms have always the shooters Interest very much in mind and will always do our best to represent your interest at all times but in this case it is out of our hands.

Protea FT Team '06/'07/'08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13/'14
    National FT Champ '05/'08

User Info Menu

you dont have to buy a second hand rifle any good hardware can sell you the right tool for the job Sir

REP: Air Rifle Pros

User Info Menu

The anti tamper bolts are only applicable to Britain at this time. They have been fitting anti tamper sheared bolts for a while now.

I will e-mail Air Arms and once again get written confirmation.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

One of these days, somebody will tell the government "NO, go to Hell". We vote them in to run the country, they take our money and treat us like children and take away everything that makes us happy. Its about time we had another peasants revolt and marched on the buggers.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I am with Brian!!

User Info Menu

I have confirmed with Bill Sanders of Air Arms in the UK that all Air Arms Rifles exported to South Africa DO NOT have the anti tamper Bolts fitted

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

OK, we'll hold off on the march, but just for now.

User Info Menu

Gee Thanks Brian. It is a relief to know that I won't have to hide in my office.