Thread: Starting to look like something :)

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

Default Starting to look like something :)

Done all the mods.
    Valve turn to match spring,
    removed pin,
    turned ridge in valve to centre spring,
    cut washer,
    drilled additoinal 6 holes in valve body to increase flow,
    made a breach riser to lift by 3mm or so,
    changed trasfer seal to paintball tube,
    drilled barrel port to 4mm
    Drilles the srock bolt probe to as large as it will go,
    matched the traansfer port size to oval opening on probe,
    polished trigger sheers,
    made shroud using 15mm ID alu tube.
    made stripper/silencer on front part of tube..

shoots like a monster. need to chrony her 1st though. only problem is that she shoots the shroud off. I taped up the barrel so that the tube fits tightly with a hard push onto the barrel. Now I want to use the rear sight screw mounts to attach the shroud to the barrel but I am worried that the screws will be sheared off or torn out.. or even the grub screw holding the barrel sheared off.. Any ideas on this would be appreciated!

JT[br]<div class='spacer'>[img:width=1024&height=278]../../Deadlinks/public/1202503849_701_FT0_withscope.jpg[/img]</div>
    [br]<div class='spacer'>[img:width=800&height=382]../../Deadlinks/public/1202503849_701_FT0_silencer.jpg[/img]</div>
    [br]<div class='spacer'>[img:width=800&height=458]../../Deadlinks/public/1202503849_701_FT0_breechriser.jpg[/img]</div>
    [br]<div class='spacer'>[img:width=800&height=348]../../Deadlinks/public/1202503849_701_FT0_shroud.jpg[/img]</div>

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Just use a bit of lock tite to mate the shroud to the barrel .Or even areldite a permanent solustion though.

I have 1 question.Does it not trap moisture in the shroud ?Rust will be a problem.

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

mmm.. never thought of that.. decided to drill a few holes in the silencer to help with the air stripping. will be louder but should also help with moisture.. mind you, co2 has a drying effect.. or so? maybe moisture is a problem in pcp but dont hink so in co2.. maybe condensation though..

REP: The Airgun Shop

User Info Menu

Great job!!!

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

thanks Farmer! Have a lot to learn but am realy loving this little gun. Used the the rear mounts and screwed the shroud to the barrel and drilled and tapped two more holes in the breech to hold the barrel. seems to stay put! on 15m playing around.. I stacked 4 pellets on onoe group. I thik the barrel still needs to settle down. but I am pretty happy with that.. Now I just need a smaller scope and this will be the ultimate vermant gun bearing in mind if I can get it up to 12fpe or there abouts.

Sharp Shooter
    Doctor BAM

User Info Menu

JTK
    I do not understand the drawing of your shroud......?????
    You should have a few holes in the washers inside the shroud part to allow air to go back and dissipate energy towards the rear as well..... The volume of the shroud plus silencer part should be as large as possible, because that is what decreases the noise.......
    I would be very surprised if the QB is less than 12 fpe by the way you describe its behaviour........
    How is it on CO² cartridge ito shots per charge.....????

malan

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

mm.. dont want to put holes in the washers as I am worried that the co2 will overtake the pellet by traveling around it and then affect travel when bouncing back from the last washer. It seems to hold up alright with the mods to keep it on the barrel. Just need to get to a chrony. Hope I am not disappointed. Havent shot my 1st paintball fill empty so I dont know how many shots per fill I am thinking of making a "large silencer" that fit over the shroud but I must say it is much quiter now.. less noise than a springer.

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

mmm.. chrony'd today jsb's @ 730ish ~ 10fp havent put in any preload on the spring or done the probe mod.. will have to try the preload next

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

For Co2 I dont think you need to go any higher.Quite a respectable performance.

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

thanks Allan. would like to get up to 800fps with jsb's then I think she will be a nice little pigeon hunter! And maybe do a bit of FT

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

err..... stupid question i might think, but can this setup use compressed air?

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

Hi Silostalker. Yes you can run it on HPA but not PCP in its current format. In other words.. You canuse a regulater pantball hpa canister. With that she will shoot closer to 900fps I think..