Thread: B-Tact Tactical Accessories Rifle bag | Review

Prof. Jan Itor

User Info Menu

Default B-Tact Tactical Accessories Rifle bag | Review

Sometime ago I went on a search for a purpose fit gun bag to tote my Ranchero Carbine around in. None of the usual off the shelf stuff suited my needs to a T; either they could not take a scoped rifle, too long, too short, not enough pockets, not enough padding etc etc. Then in June I found B-Tact and Chris Buys who makes a range of tactical gear such as gun bags, holsters, range mats, Ghillie suits, vests etc . He will also make custom tactical gear to your specifications. I supplied Chris with the measurements and other requirements I had for the envisaged bag, he in turn supplied a list of options ranging from materials to pocket configurations (Molle style system) to colour etc. After we settled on the specifics he got work. There was a slight hiccup with a supply disruption from the zip manufacturers but Chris kept me up to date with progress until 2 weeks later when he sent me notice of shipping.

The bag is exceptionally well made and measures exactly to my specifications. There is enough padding to protect the rifle and scope. The Molle system is employed which allows for the outer pockets to be taken off or even arranged in a way to suit your needs. The aforementioned pockets are huge and can accommodate, pellets, targets (in the sleeve in the main compartment), a bipod, torch, tools, kitchen sink etc comfortably. The main compartment zip is further protected by a flap that clips down over the zip line which helps to keep out dust and moisture. Once in the bag the rifle is secured by buckled straps which works very well to keep the rifle from moving around inside. There are three tote options, a pair of drag bag style handles at one end, normal carry handles and backpack style straps, all are very securely attached to the bag with double crossover stitching.

Total cost including shipping to CPT was R1065.00 which considering the custom nature, quality of materials, excellent workmanship and great customer service, was well worth the cost to me. Highly recommended if you looking for a good quality gun bag to suit your specific requirements.

B-Tact/Chris Buys
    Email: chris@b-tact.co.za
    Phone: 0834507385

Some pics of the finished product (excuse the crappy flash work):

B-Tact Tactical Accessories Rifle Bag

Prof. Jan Itor

User Info Menu

Found a new link as the website is still down: https://www.facebook.com/B-Tact-tact...7802130564494

Prof. Jan Itor

User Info Menu

Had this one made up last November to fit an Egun Lelya's dimensions. Mostly the same spec as the one above but with a sling strap instead of rucksack straps. As usual the quality is tip top.