Thread: IS THE WALTHER HUNTER AND WALTHER DOMINATOR THE SAME GUN ?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default IS THE WALTHER HUNTER AND WALTHER DOMINATOR THE SAME GUN ?

So ......Is the Walther dominator hunter model the same as the Walther LG300 dominator ?

I have heard it is.......only the stocks and barrel shrouds are different ?

Can anybody please advise on this ?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hitman - maybe your question should be _- If the Walther Dominator Hunter and the Dominator LG300 (but for the stock and barrel shroud) are the same rifles - why is there a diffirence in the regulators?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

First of all, let me set the record straight. Its not a gun, guns are for fun. Air Rifles are for shooting...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

YOU KNOW WHAT.....I ACTUALLY DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR PEOPLE THAT SAY SOMETHING BUT IT MEANikko Stirling NOTHING !

I ASKED FOR ADVISE AND SHARE OF KNOWLEDGE.....NOT A SPELLING AND GRAMMER CHECK

IN ANY CASE....SEARCH FOR "GUN" ON WWW.WEBSTERS.COM ( DICTIONARY).....?

I KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN AIRGUN AND A FIREARM......I HAVE HANDLED FIREARMS IN SITUATIONS YOU WOULD NOT WANT TO FIND YOURSELF IN

SO....PLEASE CAN I HAVE SOME CONSTRUCTIVE ADVISE FROM SOMEONE WHO HAS POSITIVE REPLIES

THANK YOU

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Fundamentally yes same basic action - although looks and probably handles better without that ridiculous shroud they for some stupid reason stuck on the FT variant.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

WELL ....HERE IS THE THING.....

I SHOOT THE DOMINATOR, AND MY FATHER THE HUNTER....AND WE NOTICED THAT THE REGULATORS ARE DIFFERENT

THE HUNTER MODEL HAS A SHORTER REGULATOR WITH A HOLE ON THE SIDE ?

THEY DIFFER WITH ABOUT 1.5 CM IN LENGTH....

I WILL UPLOAD THE PIC TO MY GALLERY

BUT DOES THIS CHANGE THE PERFORMANCE ?

I ALSO NOTICED ON WALTHER'S WEBSITE THAT THERE IS A "JUNIOR" VERSION ( I WILL ALSO UPLOAD THIS IMAGE )

SO DOES IT CHANGE THE NUMBER OF SHOTS IF THE AIRRIFLE IS SET AT 780-790 FPS ?

IS THIS REGULATOR MORE PRONE TO WEATHER CONDITIONS ?

THESE ARE SOME QUESTIONS I AM CONCERNED ABOUT

Rest in Peace Mike 05/12/2014

User Info Menu

Some Hunters are designed for High Power whereas the Dominator is a 12ft pounder.

The High Power could then have a different reg.There was a reg uprate somewhere along the line too.

Suggest you chrony.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hi there Hitman, the long reg was the old version with a goldish colour set to reg 80 bar and when the aircylinder is removed the air will rush out of the reg. The short reg and silver of colour is the later mod, allso set to reg 80bar. When the aircylinder is removed the air will escape slowly from the reg.Both reg has a volum of 3bar in the firingpot. The reg is mechined out of a solid alum- bar.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

All regs HP and LP look the same. As Mike said, chrony!!! The 12ft/p are set to reg + - at 80 bar.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Well...

We used a CB-625 chrono and the rifle was set at 780-790 FPS and gave no more than a 15FPS variance on the highest to the lowest chrono

But are you refering to chrono of BAR ? ....if so, how ? or is there a formula ?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

At what pressure dit you do the your test. I did myne from 250bar; 200bar; 150bar; 100bar; runing at 790- 798 f/s.
    Myne runs the same as yours, with a swing of 12 - 15 f/s. Going down to + -75bar (counting on the Walther gauge) the velocity drops rapidly.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Yip.....

It really doesn't change much....

I was thinking of doing a chrono of every shot ( one tin of pellets comming up ) ,recording the shots, FPS and variance

I usually can get it up to 290 with my bottle, but I think 250 bar is more realistic. I also have not taken it below 100 bar.

But you are right, maybe a full physical test will be better and I can also check the POA and POI

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I hope I was helpful. :thumbsup if not we can try again!!
    lol

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thanks dudes !!!!