Thread: My CF-30 rocks

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

Default My CF-30 rocks

I must say I love this little gun. Ripped her appart tonight, havent had the piston out before. Knew the spring was toast but decided that cause I did not have a seal I would not remove the piston. Wanted to wait till I have time to turn a tophat and guide for the CFX so that I could just use the CFX seal and spring in the CF-30.. Anyways.. going to do CFX tomorrow so I decided to do CF-30 tonight... I might as well have shot it without the seal. That seal is toast. Explains the spring! totaly melted on one side. Anyways. Put the CFX spring in and used the 3piece hat I made for my stutzen. Some tar from maccari and the result is out of this world! this gun rocks!!! I never in my wildest dreams imagined there would be such a big difference. I need to chrony it cause it feels so soft.. almost no recoil. feels like it is shooting 600's so little recoil but definately cant be that low! this is going to be the perfect hunting rifle! one hole groups on open sights on 10m pretty do-able.

Think I must try a hft with open sights and see how it goes!

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Open sihgts . Hmm I did not even think of the pocibility of 1 hole groups.Cant do that myself that is for sure !Scopes make life so nice .I cant see myself shooting without 1.

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

I will be honest Allan, I find it easier at short distance to do good groupings with open sights than scope.. still need to learn this parallax thing properly.

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Paralax is easy.The difficult part for quite a few people is holding the gun steady at high mag like 50 x

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

I shoot @ 10x.. I am assuming my problem is parallax cause the groups dont get worse with distance. I do adjust the parallax when shooting but am sure it is not always right

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

The best way to do parallax is to focus on the crosshairs while you ajust the parallax.Let the target come in focus with the crosshair.This is the most reliable way i have found to do it.At 10 x mag you got to work at it a bit.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I found with my sons cf30 that a good way to improve accuracy was to make a probe to push the pellet to the end of the pop up port so that when loaded the pellet was as close to the barrel as possible, just thought that might help.
    All the best

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

Hi Mac, no problems with accuracy. She can stack pellets.

Hi Allan, starting hft and cant realy adjust the parallax in compitition. So I recon I just need to learn positioning my head in the same place. I saw a cheat online to eliminate parallax using a card with a small hole in it. Will give it a bash and see how it works.