Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Import prohibitions

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default Import prohibitions

New to the whole airgun scene and are looking at options of importing airgun from USA - is there any current legislation prohibiting me from bringing in airguns and scopes?Are there any clearance sertificates needed and duties payable?Would also appreciate links to sites which others have used successfully.Appreciated!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

to import for yourself is easy...no legal issue as i know... if in large qty... u will need ITAC premit which is also easy to get...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

And don't forget to keep it under .22 ( unless you want to of course, but then the hassle starts)

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Good question though. I'm also interested. Who's had good service to SA from which american site? While we at it any UK sites recommended?

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

uk generally more expensive than here...

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

I doubt very much UK is more expensive than here for air rifles...

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

dunno guido.. if you take rand pound exchange and convert directly it seems generally speaking they are more expensive than here.. take for instance.. I just bought my QB79 for R1k they cost 100pounds (R1.5k) in the UK and you can get them for less than $100 in the US ( <R750) some places even $60 I've seen. I know AA are UK based so maybe they might be a bit cheaper but the rest seems more..

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Hi Tomkat! I have spent tha last 4 weeks researching the same subject, this is my findings: You do not need a gun licence if the calibre is under .22. You do however need an import permit for personal goods(takes roughly 3-5 days to obtain) according to www.itac.org.za (the code for airguns is 93.04) you need ti fill out form IE463 dowloadable from the mentioned website. Midsouthshooterssupplys in the USA are extremely willing to export to Sourth Africa as long as you get the paperwork right on your side!!! You can browse their website take down the codes for the goods you want and e:mail Sandra Overby for details. the import dutys are +- 5%-10% + 14&vat on top of that. Hope this helps you. Pyramidair charge huge amounts for shipping so i wont get any stuff from them!!!

Sandra Overbey <SandraO@midsouthshooterssupply.com>

This woman is very helpfull and she does not mind answering any questions. Send yor mail approx between 16h30 and 18h00 in the afternoons and she will propably reply to you before 21h30. I think it's sometime in the morning then in their part of the USA.

A short ectract from one of her e-mails:
    There are no restrictions for us to ship Airguns out of the US.
    Like I told you, you need to see if there is anything on your end you need to receive the product
    (contact your customs office).

Let me know what you find out.
    DIT is darem seker genoeg inligting om jou weg te help ne??

Johan

ps: DO yor conversions before you order, otherwise the goodies are gonna cost you more than what you can get locally(due to high shipping costs) I would recommend this only for very expensive guns that's not available in S.A Support your local dealers!!! Contact Guido,Boondock,Farmer and Importer for the good stuff. I'm sure one of them can help

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

Hi Tomkat, I aggree with Johan. Support the locals unless it is something of a steal. I for instance would love one of those .177 single shot Crosman pnuematic pistols(model 1377). They are like $50 or less and seem a great platform to mod on. Also the guns are cheap 2nd hand over there. Not to talk about getting a Discovery.. Seems a good deal for a PCP with pump..

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Agree on that one - just that there is so much more to choose from on the other side!

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I would also like to get one of those discovery combos for $400. Is any body willing to import these guns if you can get together an order for say 10 rifle kits or more??

Anybody else want one of these??
    Come on Local Dealers ,see if you can make a plan and get back to us with some FiguresR\$ (i will support local dealers as far as i possibly can)

Johan

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Blankster
    FYI: I have experienced good service from BAR in the UK and Mac1 in the USA.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thanx Fox

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I really want to support local , but no one seems to bring in a variety of pellets for all calibres . Does this importing procedure also apply to airgun ammo ?