Thread: HFT - First Experience

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default HFT - First Experience

My mate (Giuseppe) and I attended our first ever FT/HFT event on Sunday at the hammond range in KZN. It was hosted by Andre (HGS on forum) from Hillcrest Gun Shop and the Highway Airgun Club.

I must say, it was very well organized and enjoyable, thx Andre. We will certainly be joining the club.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I am glad you had fun.

Andre is one of the good guys and has been committed to airgun shooting for a long time .

HFT is great fun over here , as is FT .

We had a Winter League FT shoot here 2 weeks back , and to support our FT side , loads of us cranks turned up to shoot FT with our fixed power scopes.

The wind was howling and it was very cold , big turn out too .

The scores were interesting , most of the guys I was with were shooting between 8 and 20 over a full 40 target course !!

If it were HFT we'd have had some decent scores , but what the heck , it was a great day out .

Any day shooting is always better than sat in front of the telly or worse still , working !!!

Get a copy of the March Airgunner magazine , good article on our Xtreme HFT fun competition , .

Again , winter . . . . cold and windy , with a smattering of rain .

We had fun , big turn out too .

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Yea, it was a good day, air rifles, rimfire, centrefire and blackpowder. that range was buzzing. No bitching about rules that were set, faulty targets or anything.
    Big thanks to Andre for organizing everything and to Hugo for spending his Saturday night cleaning and spraying targets.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

fox... good for u... the local clubs not so welcomed our .20... they worried about target damage too much.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Glad everything went well and you guys had fun. Very sad not to have made it.. How about some pics...

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Boondock, I never used my .20. Absolutely not acceptable for HFT. I used my CZ200S.

Tomcat, I forgot my camera :/ not sure about the others?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Like I said many times before, FT and HFT is a great game, if run correctly, for pleasure of all, not to the glory of some and the detriment of others.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I dunno, I prefer HFT - faster game. FT's rulebook is getting ridiculous.

Swift's Avatar Swift

[quote1203887039=gerrief]
    Like I said many times before, FT and HFT is a great game, if run correctly, for pleasure of all, not to the glory of some and the detriment of others.
    [/quote1203887039]

Thats how all the FT/HFT event are run down here in CT... if it was run the way you say, I (and many other newcomers) would never have pursuit this as a sport.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Fox, Thanks for the kind words but just remember none of this could ever take place without guys like yourself and MAC giving up your time to help setup i am sure our club will grow from strength to strength

Sorry tomcat did not take any photos

Will let you know when next shoot is