Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What about FXA?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default What about FXA?

Howzit to all. Great site. I recently purchased an FX Cutlas. Since I am used to spring-loaded rifles and didn't know air rifles even existed, I naturally think this rifle was made by THE CREATOR Himself.
    I have browsed through the site and noticed to my surprise, FX is not much discussed. In fact, I have seen more reference to Gammo CFX and other less "noble" rifles.
    Could I get some input from the masters on this very sensitive issue

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

It is regarded that there are other rifles that are more value for money than the fx range.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

there are few people have or had FXs in this forum.. i also wondering why they are less discussed than other guns...

it's the first time heard about FX cutlas for me... howz accuracy and power?

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

I think value for money is higher on other guns .The FX range in general are not cheap.

As far as hunting goes the FX range are popular in GP anyway.

Protea FT Team '06/'07/'08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13/'14
    National FT Champ '05/'08

User Info Menu

they are great hunters. they are all high power. good quality and accurate
    in SA the problem is its not marketed as well as other rifles
    people like Arnold most probably havent shot one yet and is biased

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Here are some pics. In the states it's known as the FX Swift. Same action as the FX2000.
    Poor support in this country. Sad actually because I did enjoy my FX2000. great accuracy, Very nice cocking system. Variable power usefull (if you need it)...
    [br]<div class='spacer'>[img:width=720&height=169]../../Deadlinks/public/1203968905_746_FT46121_fxcutlassynthetic.gif[/img]</div>
    [br]<div class='spacer'>[img:width=720&height=162]../../Deadlinks/public/1203968905_746_FT46121_fxcutlaswalnut.gif[/img]</div>

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

i actually have a fx rifle. great light high powered rifles.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

With the FX Range you get what you pay for personally i will never get rid of my FX 2000. When you own one you will understand pffttt! to the guy who says there are other guns with more value for the money

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

what is defination of high powered rifles?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

above 12fpe, but personally i would say above 18fpe

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Arnold, but would you recommend it for HFT, or FT?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

hft

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

"what is definition of high powered rifles?"

probably the magical "1000+fps" in 177.

Now if only the Gladiator, with it's massive air capacity, came out in .20, with the variable 3xpower selector set at 20, 25 and 30 foot pounds , that would be interesting.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I have two Fx , Gladi8or and Verminator, same design one long one short (very short).
    Both really quite superb, accurate, consistent and a lot of fun to use.

One is currently sick and I am now waiting (and waiting and waiting) for it to be fixed.
    Sad to say that backup is not what it should be for such an expensive and "upmarket" make.

Comments to FX are answered immediately, questions to the local wholesaler (and retailer) take three weeks to get an acknowledgment. Posting this will probably cost me another three weeks!

How can we insist on and get better service delivered? I have no answer yet.

Maybe the needs of all that buy (from whomever) should be emphasised before we buy. Make them commit to a back up service, put it in writing and then live up to it. If they are not prepared to commit to satisfactory and realistic warranty, go elsewhere.
    Collectively, we can maybe wield a bit more pressure on the suppliers that do not come to our party.
    Certainly we can communicate with the manufacturers when we are not satisfied, I certainly will do so.

Granted that I bought both my guns secondhand - they always were on the original shopping list, but considered to be far too expensive to buy new...... so I was lucky to snap them up.

What we do need for sure, here in the Cape, is a supplier willing and able to back up FX, know how to repair and service them.
    All that very high pressure makes me nervous and I guess amateur airgun smithing on this kind of gun is rare. If there is anyone that really can help around here, I am sure there will be quite a few folk who will be interested.

I have a parts list and exploded diagram if anyone needs it.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Lilliput... is your gladi8tor leaking air and without bottle cover? i guess i seen it...