Thread: Froggy Silencers

REP: The Airgun Shop

User Info Menu

Default Froggy Silencers

A while ago I bought a mini silencer from Froggy.
    To be honest, I expected it to work, but not as good as the full sized silencers (of which I have about 3 different brands). I was wrong. It was better than anything else I had, weighed almost nothing and it was SMALL.

Then, to my surprise (and joy) Ruan decided to send me a prototype silencer for the notoriously loud Sumatra. Initially I was a bit afraid to put it on the rifle. It looked so good and I was afraid the Sumatra would blow it to pieces on full power.

Eventually I decided that it is time to test it.

Took the immaculate looking silencer from the bubble wrap, screwed it on, cocked the rifle and pulled of a shot. My son's immediate reaction : Maybe there's not enough air in the gun. I checked the gauge ... +/- 180 bar. Checked the power setting... high.

Loaded a pellet and shot it through a 7 ply piece of wood ... no problem with the power. Took the silencer off. Fired a another shot. Eardrums almost popped and Stefan almost emptied his bowels on the lawn. Obviously nothing wrong with the rifle, so the silencer must be working. Have been using it on the Sumatra since then.

This silencer is the best I have ever used on the Sumatra.
    Well done Froggy!

REP: SS Airguns

User Info Menu

It's ridiculous how quiet that Sumatra is, I told Farmer that it sounds exactly like a silenced HW100. I also took the silencer off, shot it and then put it back-thinking that the rifle was on a lower power setting.

Its just amazing how effective these silencers are.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Spingers are different to pcp's...will this Froggy perform as well on a springer...excluding the normal noise caused by the spring action...?

REP: SS Airguns

User Info Menu

Philip depending on what rifle you're shooting it can make quite a difference. Brianh's LGV with its Froggy silencer is directly comparable to a S400. Its mouse fart quiet.

User Info Menu

Froggy Silencer : Sumatra

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Where can I get me one?

User Info Menu

Get one of what?
    I'll organise the rifle, Froggy will sort out the silencer.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I have a Froggie silencer on my Evanix and the only sound is from the action when fired! When I shoot in the yard my table is next to the bedroom window, my wife was fast asleep and didn't even know I was shooting until she came to see what I was up to!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

How would a suppressor like this perform on a Gamo CFX 5.5 ? got one as a gift, only shot it 4 - 5 times, damn load for a pellet lol Maybe if it was a bit more discreet I could be tempted to keep it Any shops in CPT that do threading for air rifles or do you guys just take it to a gunsmith ?