Thread: Night shooting under lights?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Night shooting under lights?

Has anyone tried this on a large scale. I do it at home (spotlight in the yard) but was thinking of having a shoot during the week at night. These summer evenings just lend themselves to be used....And generally little wind...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I done it bofore but it was a cock up due to the guy having it not having a spotlight that works properly, but it is a great idea.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Was thinking of approaching the local sports/rugby club. They have great venue, and the pub is right there when we done...
    Shoot from say 6pm to 9pm then have meeting in the bar!!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Sounds right. Just to have the meeting fist, or else you might not find the targets.

It might be hi jacking of the thread but please can you try to explain how it is legal to shoot as you just descibed or at a school and not in your back yard. Or are we taking a chance?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Absolutely have to have the meeting later ...no question. As far as the school thing is concerned - most schools had shooting ranges, and provided the shooting took place in a safe manner, not necessarily on "the range", but in a safe environment - backstop etc, then I don't see why it should be a problem. It is a valid sport after all...
    They shoot 10m indoors at schools ....

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

My point exactly BUT most towns/villages etc have a Municipal by law(Can't think of the right word now) that says that you're not allowed to fire an air rifle etc in a built up area unless you have a "valid reason" to do so. The question I asked many times before: Is practicing for the next competition/world championship etc enough reason to fire your air rifle in a safe way?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Think "Safety" is the key here. One has to make sure the pellets don't go all over the place. ie you need a backstop. I even considered making a metal box of some sort to go around the FT targets to reduce ricochets.