Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SAFTAA National Trials - 2005

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default SAFTAA National Trials - 2005

The national championships for FT will take place at Wolwehoek on 4 and 5 June 2005. This is to select 10 shooters to represent SA at the world champs in England. Entry fee is R 150-00 per person.
    Camping is available at Wolwehoek.
    Registration closes on the 7th of May(will post bank details on monday).
    More info to follow later about the course of fire and so on.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

There will be two courses of fire. You will shoot one in the morning and one in the afternoon. The top twenty shooters will shoot again on Sunday to get the top ten shooters. This team will be made up from the top ten shooters irrespective of gender, age or race. SAFTAA membership must be paid up before the Sunday (5 June) to qualify for the national team. Please note that you are not required to be a SAFTAA member to participate in the shoot.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Are you going to the shoot?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Does that mean that non-saftaa members can't be chosen for the National Team but can participate in the shoot 4&5 June and or participate as a "privateur" in the World Compitition? ?!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Well, I'll be home for that one. I'd love to shoot but obviously wont be able to represent in the UK due to work (assuming I get to the top 10) unless ofcourse someone knows what date that is happening.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

To get Protea colours you have to be a SAFTAA member (you are one Gerrie). You can go on your own to the worlds if there is still space available. Space was reserved for SAFTAA.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

From Friday 16 September to Sunday 18 September 2005.

Here is the link to the World FT Site
    [link=hyperlink url]http://www.wftf-2005.co.uk/index.htm [/link]

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

afaik, all "overseas" shooters must be members of their home national bodies to enter worlds. not sure if saftaa members can enter as "privateers" though?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Might just be around for that, may be a mad dash from Baghdad to pick up my rifle. Who am I kidding, I'll probably be coming up the rear somewhere, like 104th

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

The National trials are open to all shooters to participate. Only paid up SAAFTA members will be considered for grading and scoring and selection into the national team. The process is complicated, yet simple as delicate negotiations are in progress with other air rifle associations as well as the South African Sport Shooting Federation for National colours. As more information comes to light, the information will be shared on this forum.
    FT has started as a hunting simulation sport in South Africa and thanks to some enlightened individuals the oppurtunity for international participation has become a reality. There are many able air rifle shooters who do not know of happenings in this country and they must be made aware. So spread the message, bring your gun and shoot.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Lewis: How do I become a Saafta member? Do I apply through the club?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

If u r a member of Leeuwkop you already are a member of SAFTAA (or very close to becoming one)
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Wed Apr 20 2005, 08:37AM ]</span>

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

So are you guys (Saafta) gonna be sending me a membership card? Or at least send it to Leeukop?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

On the very off change that I do make the National Team I want to be a SPRINGBOK not a flower.If I don't make it to the team and can't participate in the compitition as a privateer, I might go as a spectator/fan only, since I might be able to fly for free due to my company's connexion to world airlines. Any offers to sponsor my accomodation and pocket money would be sincerely appreciated.? :! :beer:

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

also thinking the spectator option...........since i'm in travel.

gerrief, hows this, i will sponsor half of ur drinking expenses.......all i want in return is the escourted treatment through the customs/sars...........