Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FXA - Appeal for Information

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default FXA - Appeal for Information

Dear All,

I would like to do a survey of all FX owners in the country.
    Please will all FX owners respond with details of their guns

I have already sent two letters to FX concerning the level of service available to us (receiving no relevent response) and I know that others have also tried to get the manufacturers attention.

My intention is to continue to canvas FX directly to appeal for a better service arrangement in SA. If we can put some group weight behind the appeal, who knows, we may get somewhere.

In my opinion, the current situation is totally unacceptable and it will undoubtedly continue unless we do something about it.

regards to all

Trevor

[img:width=200&height=98]../../Deadlinks/public/1204955504_719_FT0_gladi8or.jpg[/img]

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

I am afraid that the skills needed to work on these guns is lacking.

Those that do work on these sort of guns learn the hard way.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

are FX fragile and complicated?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I don't really know if they are particularly complicated (I doubt it).
    Take a look at the photo of my stripped down Verminator.
    The problem here is not knowing if "qualified" technical expertise is absolutely necessary or not. Both my FX guns are not under guarantee so, that is not an issue.
    I have attached an exploded diagram of the mechanism , but that really does not tell you much. Any ideas? Does this look complicated?
    cheers
    Trevor
    [img:width=400&height=255]../../Deadlinks/public/1205039457_719_FT47494_verminator-strip-down1.jpg[/img]
    [img:width=400&height=202]../../Deadlinks/public/1205039458_719_FT47494_verminator-strip-down2.jpg[/img]

class='spacer'>[img:width=443&height=640]../../Deadlinks/public/1205039458_719_FT47494_gladiator-exploded-diagram.jpg[/img]<

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Why dont you courier your rifle to Henry from Twinbore
    he sorted out my fx2000 swopped the barrel out for free
    and i got it back within the week.

Just might cost a bit for the courier. Im pretty sure Henry will be
    glad to help you out. After all he's the agent for fx in SA

Twinbore's
    phone number is 011 467 9604

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Avi, Thanks but Hendry has my Verminator already, I took it to him at the beginning of Feb. He has had it for the last five weeks , with not a word as to how it is going. What it is going to cost or anything.
    As I am based far away like you, there is not much I can do about it. Maybe I should just tell him to send it back to me as it is and I will figure it out myself.
    I think your experience seems to be the exception , others have said I wiull be lucky to see it back in three months!

cheers

Trevor

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

perhaps a letter to FX headquarters?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Guido,
    I have done that twice-not received a reply to the second letter. But they will recieve another letter shortly as a result of more information which has turned up today.

In the meantime I have ascertained a big problem with the Gladi8or which I bought second hand. It had been serviced just before I bought it and returned from that service with the safety catch inoperable. I have confirmed this with the previous owner and remedied it myself today. I also found a grub screw missing from the stock - not vital but certainly it should be there.

I have asked for my Verminator to be returned to me- having waited five weeks for it to be fixed, I have now given up and will get it back here for another close look myself - maybe you can have a peep at it too?
    Here are a couple of pix of the safety as discovered and as readjusted so that it now works.

cheers for now

Trevor

This first picture shows the safety lever not impeding the trigger and the second after a simple adjustment to lengthen the safety to stop the trigger action before it fires the gun.

[img:width=600&height=645]../../Deadlinks/public/1205086645_719_FT47494_gladiator-safety-on-as-left_after_service.jpg[/img]</div>
    [br]
    [img:width=600&height=698]../../Deadlinks/public/1205086645_719_FT47494_gladiator-safety-on-after-adjudstment_by_me.jpg[/img]<

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

what was the problem exactly?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Guido,
    The safety did not work - it was not adjusted properly
    There is a grub screw missing which holds the cocking return spring housing.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

did you return the rifle just for that? OK...easily solved then...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

nm... i wouldn't worry about that problem at all... becoz i never trust trigger block safety... i hav disabled my safety on talon... the air ranger's safety also removed... for me... the best safety is leave the gun decocked.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Latest in the saga of the stalled repair on my Verminator

I asked Twinbore to send my gun back to me and in response recieved this:
    Dear Trevor

I look at you gun today and I notice the following

I need a part that I have to get from FX

Secondly I have to take it to a gun smith to drill out the screw on to that been damage on it will take some days because I don’t know how busy the gun smith is I will try my best .

My suggestion is that I will get a recondition action from FX , I am going to then this Thursday and bring it back the action and they can tell me what it will cost to recondition a action , and I will send back the action

Please let me know what you think

Regards

Hendry

It seems I am locked into the process and will have to be patient, and start saving!

Hopefully there will be a happy ending to this whole thing.

cheers to all

Trevor

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

So what happened Trevor, any joy? I love my FX but fear my FX dealer. Mine (fx2000) arrived back with the hammer spring still broken; but all the seals replaced...and a receiver screw missing. On the second return the stock was broken, snapped in 2. Solution 1: AA S4X0ERB. Solution 2: get to know the rifle, they aren't complicated.
    Goodluck.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

has anyone emailed FX headquarters?