Thread: Feinwerkbau 300s

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Feinwerkbau 300s

I got this beauty two weekends ago (my shooting time is counted in weekends – not days!) and I have to say that was one of my best shots in buying.
    A living legend in top level competitions in 80’s and 90’s takes your heart with its classic lines. Now that technology advanced with top engineering and futuristic designs, this lady has the unique charms of the old era still able to perform at top level.
    The moment you touch it you realize what top engineering is all about. Designed on paper (no PC in the 70’s when it was originally designed) without any influence by any marketing department, and without the goodies of the modern technology, it is made to perform. Pull back the lever and you hear the winding sound without any unnecessary loose tolerances felt in your hands. Touch and pull the trigger and feel what a trigger should be like. Experience the springs releasing the shot with all the dynamics that come with it and in the same time isolating any movement from the stock and appreciate the skills of these engineers. Let the mechanism lock back in its place after the shot and smile.
    This is what it is all about. You may have all the top performance of the new generation top level guns, but she has the unique charms of a top performer from a bygone era.
    I don’t want to go into numbers like groupings, consistency etc. With that collection of medals in top level competitions in the 90’s – what really to add?
    It is all about the feeling. And, yes, the pellets go exactly where I aim.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Do you have any pictures? I'm fascinated with guns from the yester years.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

This thread is useless without pics!!!

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

This is my FWB300 - internally modified to upgrade the output to around 8.5 ft.lbs and showing no signs of stress at this power level. A lovely accurate rifle capable of knocking down field targets out to 50m.

Since this photo was taken I have now removed the grotty varnish from the stock and oil finished it - result it looks far nicer with the grain showing better.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

Yannis please mention the way the stock looks....I put hours and hours into the London Oil finish on that rifle of yours so I need some credit..hehe

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Guido .1 day when I get to see you face to face you are going to have to tell me why you put all that work into a gun just to sell it.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

Allan I always do that...I own rifles, tune them, pretty them up and then I sell them...

My GinB HW100 is now gone, my .20 long range Steyr is gone, countless other custom rifles I also sold...
    Some were mauled by the next owners unfortunately and my heart is still sore..

I have 2x TX200HC with V-Mach kits and CS1000 Grade 3 walnut FT stocks for sale now.

Steyr LP50 pistol with silhouette scope may also go soon...

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Sounds like you need a girlfiend

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

I have...she gets excited when the London Oil bottle comes out...then she gets jealous...

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Have you still got that old classic scope ?

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

oh yes..it's on my Winchester 52 in the pic...awesome benchrest .22LR rifle.

those old Lyman scopes are still very sought after by benchresters and fetch an amazing premium in the USA.

the Lyman in the pic is a Supertarget Spot 20X in immaculate condition with wooden case....worth around $900

Rest in Peace Mike 05/12/2014

User Info Menu

Louis has parts for these rifles including springs.

Two of these scopes ( Lyman) in Bloemfontein.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

The wood is really amazing.
    Guido at its best.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

These pics were taken in a big hurry and they are technically flawed but I hope the show what they were supposed to.