Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions on grouping

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

Default Questions on grouping

Hi Guys,

I have some questions on my QB's grouping. This target is 15m 10 shot grouping. As you can see the general accuracy is there as 6 jsb's made a raged hole. But then there are the 4 fliers. What would the cause be of this? should I recrown the barrel?

Thanks
    JT
    [br]<div class='spacer'>[img:width=156&height=186]../../Deadlinks/public/1206004119_701_FT0_target.jpg[/img]</div>

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

HI JT,

I get simillair groupings with my QB-79. It stacks a few on each other and then you get a couple of flyers in bewteen. I usualy wait +- 15 seconds between shots, so as not to freeze up the gun.

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

same here.. wait between shots.. I get the feeling the bad grouping is because of a less than perfect barrel crown.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

It could be pellet feeding problems aswell. inspect a fired pellet and see if it looks good with only the rifling imprinted on it.

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

thanks Arnold. Ek sal more bietjie n paar in die swembad in skiet en kyk hoe hulle lyk.

thanks
    JT

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

shot some pellets into the pool today.. interesting.. they seem to look fine.. also redid the crown before hand. HWat seems to grab me is the lack of rifling though.. does this seem weird? I would expect more rifling.. The JSB's llok as if they came out of the tin.. no rifling one them at all.[br]<div class='spacer'>[img:width=1146&height=474]../../Deadlinks/public/1206112252_701_FT48413_pellets.jpg[/img]</div>

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Have you tested accuracy again after crowning the barrel ??
    Mine seems to always shoot the flyers to the left. never to the right. Strange don't you think?? Had the same results today again from 15M. Shoots them on top or touching each other an then far left 1-1.5 inches and then back again with the others. I'm shooting JSB Exacts 4.53 head. These arent just some crappy pellets. I have found quite a few 10% + deformed skirts in this batch though. KAK Quality control.?? Get +- the same results with Baracuda Heavys. Groups the same up to 15m, thereafter JSB seems to be more acuurate out to 25m.

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

Hi Johan, nog nie weer met jsb's gekyk nie. Is bietjie lui sal netnou paar skote gaan skiet! sien jou maandag!

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Toemaar JT, ek is net so vrek lui vandag. Voel soos n Saterdag. Tot Maandag dan!

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

If there is no rifling marks on the pellets that would lead me to think you are not getting the pellets to spin either.Spinning pellets give better accuracy.

Is there rifling in the barrel ?

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

waar het jy die 4.53's gekry? bring vir my so 20 saam sodat ek dit kann toets

btw.. gou paar skote gaan skiet.. definitief beter.. Ek gaan ook n bolt probe mod doen op hom wat ek vertrou nie die feit dat die pellet nie in die rifling gedruk word nie. Die standaard probe druk nie die pellet in die rifling nie, hy stop kort daarvan. met die nuwe probe sal hy hom al die pad in druk want die probe sal langer wees.

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

HI allan. yes, she has. but I am starting to think I must find some 4.53's maybe they are the answer.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Hi JT, ek het 4.53s by Lloyd van Airgunfanatix gekry.Ek het exacts bestel om uit te toets en het toevallig die 4.53 gekry. Bring vir jou n klomp saam!!

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

I shot a pellet into a blanket from my HW40

Deadlinks_imagefiles/pellet_hw40_resized.jpg[/img]

As you can see there are only faint rifling marks on the pellet.So I quess the lower powered weapons do not have enough air force to deform the skirt to the stage where it picks up the rifling marks.

In contemplation of your problem I think the co2 freez needs to be adressed.

Take a shot .Wait 5 minutes take another shot.What will that do for your grouping ?

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

thanks for the pic Allan. my qb punches jsb's out @ 740fps, so she is getting there The head of the 452 jsb has absolutely no marks on it when I fired it.. just faint deformation on the skirt. On yours you can see the head has some markings on.. This cant be to power diffs but barrel diameter I think. I think the temperature diffs may have something to do with it.. but I would imagine then it would only stack them vertically. If one of the chaps in capetown has a hpa paintball tank with coil I would like to give that a bash to take the co2 out of the question

Thanks Johan.. sal like om hulle vir n spin te vat!