Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: EV2

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default EV2

i have been having a look at the EV2 and have seen that you can get two different colours for the stock, the regular gray and the wood grain type finish. i like the regular gray look but is there any advantage to the other look? i have heard that it is stronger finish and can take more abuse is this true?
    also what is the retail price of the EV2?i know guido says that the steyer LG100 would be a better option in his opinion but i like the look of the EV2. also is the EV2 regulated?

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

go for the laminated EV2..it looks a lot better than the painted one and I am sure is also more durable.
    Yes the EV2 is regulated.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

The laminated stock looks like it a piece of timber painted silver and rubbed down to me but as I haven't seen it up close I cant comment further. The UK price is around a ?1000 but thats not what you'll pay in RSA. The gun is regged at 12ftlbs, mine shoots around 11.87 apparently. Its also a heavy gun that comes in at 4.5Kgs without a scope so get out your old dumbells and start training.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

guido saw the scope sven bought from you very nice! would like to know if you stock the same modle but with higher magnification? heard from urabus that he is weighting for you to get a 8-34 or someting like that.woud like to buy one from you somw time.
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Sun Apr 24 2005, 03:54PM ]</span>

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

well here goes..

Advantage of the Steyr over the EV2:

1- The Steyr is light and compact [short] but can be made as heavy or as long as you want it and the balance and centre of gravity can be changed in many ways..[not the EV2]

2- The Steyr is available in 18ft\lbs and can easily be turned down to 12ft\lbs..takes all of a couple of minutes to do.

3-There is absolutely NO comparison in adjustability of the stock and trigger between the Steyr and EV2. The stock on the Steyr even swivels left to right. The grip comes in 4 different sizes and can be adjusted in all directions.

4- The Steyr can be converted into an olympic 10m rifle by adding a bloop-tube and peep sights.

5- The air cylinder on the Steyr is removeable and there is absolutely no effect of air pressure changes on the barrel. The POI shifts NeilG was referring to are old news and they only affected a couple of older Steyrs in sub-zero UK conditions.

6- If you do a lot of reading on the overseas forums the Steyr has a MUCH better reliability track record than the EV2...also remember they sell about 20 times more Steyrs than EV2s

7. You do not need to buy a refill adapter for the Steyr saving you at least R800

8. Can be converted into a LH rifle by simply buying a new grip.

Advantages of the EV2:

1. Comes with a windicator [which can easily be made with a piece of cord.]
    2. Comes with a bubble level [$20 from B-Square]

<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Sun Apr 24 2005, 04:12PM ]</span>

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

As you can see, Guido is heavily biased, probably due to him being on constant medication. He. He.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

ok what does a steyer go for from you and which one is the one you mentioned in the previous post that can be tuned from 18ft/ibs to 12?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Since we've moved to Steyr Guido, have you had a look at the LP50 pistol. I like the looks and have to go over to the UK next month so thought I might spend a few bucks on a new prezzy. What say you?

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

The Steyrs LG100s are available in 2 power levels for FT, 12ft\lbs and 18ft\lbs.

The 12ft\lbs version cannot be adjusted easily without acting on the reg much beyond 14ft\lbs.

The 18ft\lbs version can easily be turned down to 12 by screwing out the striker..very very simple to do.

My advice is always to go for the 18ft\lbs version since it is more adaptable especially if one wants to shoot silhouette with the rifle as well.
    If one wants a rifle purely for FT then the 12ft\lbs version is fine.

The difference is simply in the working pressure of the regulator...the 12ft\lbs rifle works at 80 bar and the 18ft\lbs version works at 110bar...you obviously get a few more shots out of the 12ft\lbs rifle.
    The regulators can also be adjusted or easily swapped around if one feels they have bought the wrong version.

Steyr has just launched the new LG110 and delivery is expected in May...no fixed price yet but I would expect around R14000

Regarding the LP50 ...yes I also want one. It is an awesome piece of engineering and probably the only good rapid fire pistol available at the moment.
    The price here is more competitive than the UK price.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

can you post some pics please!!!
    also how many shots do you get out of both versions? is there any price difference?
    the price of the LG110 is R14 000 then how much is the LG100? do they both come in the two version?
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Sun Apr 24 2005, 04:43PM ]</span>

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

Moose I have sent you pics and catalogs by email.

The LG100 is not available any more.

The 12ft\lbs version should give you about 120 shots and the 18ft\lbs about 80...pellet depending.

The new LG110 is even more efficient but I do not have specs yet.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

Moose your email inbox is full...email was returned

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

thanks guido

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Tell me more Guido. I assume that it comes with all the bits that it does in the UK.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

do you have an alternative email address?