Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weekend musings

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default weekend musings

pick up a few sayings/descriptive phrases this weekend.......i thought i would share with you all.

missed the damn thing by "the thickness of a polony skin"

"the course was suppose to test our shooting skills, not fitness levels"

"it's range finding that take my breath away"

"it's either pull the trigger or suffocate"

big thanks to jason for the interesting "lamping session", gerrief for directions and endless laughter, dale & jaime for sharing your FT experiences with us......it was nice seeing/meet you all (lewis, moose, pyschosven......etc)

btw, now i know what the fuss was about re gerrief & accupells..........they are like chromed.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

ja had a good time do you know that jason should have come first he was tie with another guy that had shot the course and did not know that you have to knock the target down for it to be a hit he was just shooting to hear the ding of metal. so he apparently he also got "full score" and they flipped a coin to see who would come first. I thought that this shoot was very unorganised as no body knew what time they must be there. i dont want to make a big fuss because it was just a fun shoot but i think that next time it should be taken more seriously.Thanks for the shoot though Dale and Jamie they were very helpfull with all the questions we had and for the FT course was very nice

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

not cool at all

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Moose,
    if I'm taking this the wrong way then my apologies !
    Keep in mind that it was a Fun shoot and as far as I know it was the Brits clubs first shoot, they are still learning.
    Also remember that all the work that was done was done for free, nobody gets paid, everybody has to take leave and their cost and do all the organizing and setup free of charge !
    Just remember that before you complain again ...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

agree with neilg here, but "hear the ding" as a hit is just not cool.........

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Niel,Urabus,
    I will go along with what Niel said about the organisation not having been, maybe, what it should have been. I will ensure all of you that I had a hell of a nice day and so did my family,o in spite of that. Thanks to all from all the Ferreiras.
    AFA points are concerned, which has nothing to do with organisation, I am told by sombody on the inside that Marguitte shot 1st place, not second. The gentleman that won the BR shot with me but I had some shots on my target that I did not shoot. I got nowere.
    :beer: Let me ensure you that both Maruitte and I will live to shoot another day since we both know how we did and enjoyed doing it. There was a local chappie so small he could not hold a s200 in any position . With it's stock stuck under his arm and him trying his utmost to line it up on a target for, I kid you not, 20 minutes without firing a shot, while his dad was just looking at him and none of us could shoot. He apparently shot 18/20 silhouttes. By special agrements to accomodate small childen,they shot silhouettes from BR. No problem. I just don't think he could shoot 18 silhouttes! Who cares? :beer: Just a few tings I picked up.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

also enjoyed myself....etc. point taken that it was a funshoot.

my view is that.........rules should've been followed regardless.
    we all made an effort to get there to shoot BR, silhouette, FT...etc not plinking!

otherwise, what was the pourpose of Q&A session/workshop before the shoot to explain various regulations/rules????

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I also noticed a man and his 'laaities' marking a 'ding' as a hit. But they were shooting springers and I figured they were just having fun...
    Nevertheless, myself and the Missus had a great day and we learned a lot from the more experienced peoples. AND it was free and gratis! Methinks the venue is great and next year things will improve on the technical stuff like scoring & control etc.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

result of the brits ft shoot........available online????

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Didnt anyone have a partner marker?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

This feedback is (if I may say so) very dissapointing (spelling).
    Fun shoot or not, rules should be followed by all clubs, and they should be available for everyone to read, and if needed, they should also be explained !

I personally think that the people simply didn't know how things worked, but then again, wasn't this explained before the time ?

If anyone gets caught cheating the SAFTAA Constitution will be brought into action !

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

now that i've the chance to think about it..................

what i really have a problem with, is the person that scored a full house of "dings". i left early, so i don't know what actually happened..........but i assume the shooter in question accepted his/her position/prize in front of everyone, knowing that he/she did not follow the rules set by SAFTAA/organiser.
    shame on you..........

well done to Jason, for scoring a true 30 ex30.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

How does a springer score when shooting together with PCP's? Does HFT not score 1 point for a hit and 2 points for a drop? Could this have maybe caused some confusion? The rules were explained/monstrated by Jame and Dale about knocking down the target, but not how much it scores using PCP/Springer. I can live with confusion about the above but not the rest, I !ill i'm sorry to say. !ill

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Well now, can of worms open by the look of things. I hope you all enjoyed yourselves despite the above problems but re: my ealier post. Who marked his card? did he do it himself???

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I was unfortunately not able to make this shoot. However, I do agree fully with neilg - even if it's a fun shoot the rules should be followed. That way it's fun for everyone.
    Also remember ignorance isn't an excuse. There aren't such things as silly questions.

0.02c