Thread: Most SA Field Target Shooters Yet on one day?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Most SA Field Target Shooters Yet on one day?

Wolwehoek and Brits shoot attracted many shooters during this weekend. At Wolwehoek, 30 shooters entered the FT competition and Ettiene indicated that about another 30 participated at Brits. That makes 60 shooters participating which I think is a record.

The Wolwehoek shoot was a difficult one due to wind, some cucka shots at 30' up and crack shots between obstructions.
    Scores were average indicating that nature and a new range played havoc. Some complaints were aired about <10m shots and they have been addressed. Lane 6 & 10 were used as count out. Sorry Hennie

The following shooters qualified as A class shooters in numerical order.

1. Z Liebner. 25 Snr (Air Arms) Pta
    2. H Breytenbach 25 Snr (EV2) Alberton
    3. J Schoultz 23 Snr (Air Arms) Sasolburg
    4. J Bekker 22 Snr (Air Arms) Sasolburg
    5. N Gouws 20 Snr (AA pro target) Alberton
    6. A Coetzee 20 Snr (Air Arms) Sasolburg
    7. C Schoultz 20 U14 (Air Arms Sasolburg

Congratulations to all.

Any scores in Brits available?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Except for the wind Wolwehoek shoot was very good, really had a bad day and felt like breaking my gun !
    Really wished that I could go to both.
    I kept on telling myself to stay calm, we all have bad days. Don't like having a day where I can't sit still and HATE missing a "easy" target.
    To put the cherry on the cake, lane 5 has 2 wires that the devil (Stoffeltoo) put in the way of the targets, so what do I do, shoot the wire twice and on the 3rd shot, I shoot the 2nd target again.
    I don't enjoy FT anymore .... :messed:

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

bad luck neilg...........we all get days like that. funny thing, at the brits shoot.......the lane lewis and i started in, had a target with a tree branch across the front. after my round, i decided to follow the big boys to pick up tips/techniques...etc
    by then, the same branch was removed by force......now was the "force" result of pellets hitting it or otherwise? i don't know.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Like the Linkin Park song says, JUST ONE OF THESE DAYS ...

as for the branch being removed, THAT'S NOT ALLOWED ! Nobody may go onto the course once the event has started except when permission is given by the RO, and further NO CHANGES to the course will be allowed once the event has started !

Unfortunately there will always be cheaters (but they are only cheating themselves)

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Ding to that!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Ding Ding!!!
    Neilg, fortunately u left the sidecutter at home for lane 5. He He!
    I heard some ou's even saying that they are going to Blik Diksem ou Stoffie. :< Apparently lane 1, lane 3, lane 5, lane 6 and 10 were the true nasties. Mind you with my cuck score I must blik diksem myself.....;(
    As far as the rules were concerned, all the shooters at Wolwehoek behaved exemplary and stuck to the course design.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Stoffel, or should I say Barry Hilton ?
    my cousin ... !amazed
    lane 5 cost me 3 points ! not funny !
    Course was quite difficult due to the wind, but not impossible, can't name a specific lane, they were all knuck due to the wind, to make things worse, I shot like my :O !
    I missed quite a few shots due to my own stupidity, so I have myself to blame.
    My only objection was the 2 x 8m shots :rude: , otherwise it was a good course, not too easy, not too difficult.