Thread: ABOUT THE LAW

MRP

User Info Menu

Default ABOUT THE LAW

Hi Guys

I was thinking, does anyone think that the .177 will be licenced in the near future as I see and read alot about people selling up their.177 rifles
    even if they just bought them a month ago.This is very concerning issue.

Any feedback regarding this will be much appreciated.

S400 CLASSIC
    DELTAMAX

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

mmm.. I think that if they go that route it will be a phase in period which will probably take many years.. For now I dont see it happening. The proposed new law on dangerous items will cater for the current concerns I think.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Yes, i believe that it will be licenced,
    According to minister M. van schalkwyk, Air rifles (PCP,SPRINGERS) bows, blow dart guns etc will need a licence.

An article in the news paper a while ago suggested that our bows and rifle etrc, will be registered and given serial numbers, therefore when you buy amminution, arrows or whatever, you are going to need a licence to do so,

This is BS though, as i have spoken to couple of my mates in the SAPD, and they reckon, that according to the law on Firearms and amminiton of 1976, rimfire meaning from .22 is legally required to have a licence, they also reckon that Knife carry is going to become illegal, the bying of pepper spray over the counter and tazers etc.

Maybe Mr. van Schalkwyk should pull his panties from getting laid by goverment, and start focusing on real problems.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

The writing is on the wall! Was at a SA hunters meeting, and yes airguns and airpistols will have to be LICENCED again. The goverment is going to tighten the law on all wapens and the ANTIGUN LOBY is helping with that law.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I dont mind having to Licence, I just dont need to do a training course or have a bloody hard time over it.

Sharp Shooter
    Doctor BAM

User Info Menu

By the time guns are outlawed, only the outlaws will have guns.......

malan

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Will affect sales and put potential newcomers (like myself) off from getting involved in the sport/hobby. Agree with Brian, don't make it a mission impossible to get licenced.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

In the not so distant future we will probably require a special permit for potentially dangerous dogs or there will be a ban thereof. Electric fencing, razor wire and boundary walls over 4ft will be outlawed and crime prevention will be handled by "would be" families having to make free offerings of valuable goods on the street side of their homes - kinda line a monthly tithes offering for the criminally poor and insane... LOL.... can u imagine...!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

No licence, fine, take my guns away
    but touch my knives, your hands will never touch anything else...

as the common cliche rings." Dont bring a knife to a gun fight" , well - DONT BRING A GUN TO A KNIFE FIGHT EITHER"

-Tom sotis-

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Education cant buy common sense, and i believe if Mr. van Schalkwyk`s mother knows how stupid he is, she would trade him in for a pet monkey

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

[quote1207304482=Fox]
    In the not so distant future we will probably require a special permit for potentially dangerous dogs or there will be a ban thereof. Electric fencing, razor wire and boundary walls over 4ft will be outlawed and crime prevention will be handled by "would be" families having to make free offerings of valuable goods on the street side of their homes - kinda line a monthly tithes offering for the criminally poor and insane... LOL.... can u imagine...!
    [/quote1207304482] you should be so lucky, they want to kill us all and the only way they can do that is if we can't defend ourselves. the only reason the japs did not invade america is because they knew that almost every household had at least one fire arm.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

v Skalkwyk, that is why, he is one of the FLAPBOETJIES!!!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

YES THE GOVENRMENT IS WRONG IN THEIR APPROACH....BUT I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO THANK PLACES LIKE FLEA MARKET SHOPro-Sport (BLADES AND TRIGGERS) AND OTHER ROADSIDE INDIVIDUALS WHO SELL THESE CHEAP CRAP THAT GETS SOLD TO A CERTAIN BREED OF PEOPLE THAT CAUSE DAMAGE AND HARM TO OTHER HUMAN BEINGS AND ANIMALS (NOT VARMINTS ) ...THANK YOU FOR MAKING OUR SPORT'S EXISTENCE HARD AND ALLOWING THAT ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE REGULATIONS TO KICK IN....

I DO HUNT, I DO TARGET....BUT WITH COMMON SENikko StirlingE AND RESPONSIBILITY

PEOPLE STILL STAY THE PROBLEM.....NOT GUNS AND WEAPONS

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

[quote1207315362=HITMAN]
    YES THE GOVENRMENT IS WRONG IN THEIR APPROACH....BUT I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO THANK PLACES LIKE FLEA MARKET SHOPro-Sport (BLADES AND TRIGGERS) AND OTHER ROADSIDE INDIVIDUALS WHO SELL THESE CHEAP CRAP THAT GETS SOLD TO A CERTAIN BREED OF PEOPLE THAT CAUSE DAMAGE AND HARM TO OTHER HUMAN BEINGS AND ANIMALS (NOT VARMINTS ) ...THANK YOU FOR MAKING OUR SPORT'S EXISTENCE HARD AND ALLOWING THAT ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE REGULATIONS TO KICK IN....

I DO HUNT, I DO TARGET....BUT WITH COMMON SENikko StirlingE AND RESPONSIBILITY

PEOPLE STILL STAY THE PROBLEM.....NOT GUNS AND WEAPONS
    [/quote1207315362]
    YEAH!! EK STEM. NAME THEM AND SHAME THEM