Thread: Internet ordering

Anton's Avatar Anton

Default Internet ordering

Aplogies if this has been discussed before.
    Has anyone had the pleasure of ordering air rifles/pistols/accessories over the internet (e.g. pyramidair.com)? Who's recommended? How are import charges and VAT calculated?
    I've been looking at the Daisy Avanti 747 pistol, and for approx R750 it seems like a nice little package to mess around the garden with. Don't think it's sold in SA though.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I've always just ordered the advertised price and paid the postage. Not really sure if that's the correct way to do it. Never been hassled with duties etc. Maybe I've just been lucky. Using a credit card you get some kind of insurance (best to check with your holder first though).

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

what have u bought from over the water Avion.
    Anything ever get "lost" ?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I bought my AA S410K over the internet - from TAL Arms & Scuba in the UK. I did not pay their VAT because I get charged import duties - which is calculated on a formular that I forgot - If you phone the main Customs offices in Kempton Park, they should explain the formula to you. Just contact your local post office and ask them to give you the phone number of the Kempton park Customs offices and they should give you the number.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

neilg:

Mainly computer parts and software. Only recently got into airgunning proper like, basically spares for my Gamo and the Trigger to Target book. Got a few more things I am going to order soon aswell.

Nope, nothing ever 'lost' or even damaged from overseas. Then again Lewis sent me two parcels late last year and I've never seen a hint of them. :< grr.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

one package from chambers went missing in action............had to wait for a few weeks for royal mail to confirm that sapo & i never got it. once the claim was approved, got my goods within a week.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

i order my cz 200's extra mags from chambers and got it a week later very good service when i email them for info though.