Thread: Sunshades

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '09/'11/'12/'15/'16
    SAFTAA FT Colours '14

User Info Menu

Default Sunshades

I've noticed a lot of 'upper end' rifles sporting Nikko-Stirling 10-50x60's, so it can't be a bad scope. Does anybody make sunshades for these monster scopes?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

lynx 12.7cm long you can get them directly from them (as a spare/part) R150 ex VAT

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Also try camera shops. I eventually hauled out my camera kit - lenses adapters etc.. All my stuff is 49mm and 55mm - pity - got some funky shades and filters that would look lekker bling bling on my scope. lol

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '09/'11/'12/'15/'16
    SAFTAA FT Colours '14

User Info Menu

Never thought of camera stuff.
    Now if I could fit the Nikon 100-300mm or the Sigma 400mm on top of the Nikko I'll have an awesome scope ...
    Could also add a softspot or N/D filter ...

%-6 %-6 %-6 %-6 %-6 %-6

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Please explain how to take photos through the scope?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

You would need an SLR camera, one that you view thru whatever lense you have on the camera - then just focus through the scope. My camera's got a motor zoom and it confuses it no end - so I switch to manual.
    Big problem comes in with trying to line the scope, camera, target and then still focus before it flies away. lol

I did see that the yanks have built a scope that takes so many frames per second and saves it into a memory to be downloaded to a pc later on. It was expensive - that much I remember.

I actually just wanted to add a poloriser to my scope - to kill off all natural reflections (non metallic) - but alas I think I need 52mm filters.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

try weaver polar caps

"Protect your scope lenses from dirt , dust, mud, rain and scratches. Polar caps Weavers Unique optical grade, polarized lenses cut glare and isolate positive light rays for unmatched image transmission in almost any light"

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

How does a sunshade work? Does it srew into the objective lens?

Will I be able to get one for my BSA AR3-12X44
    What will these cost? Just need a short one about 2" or if it does not obstruct the loading port on my Gamo the lenght does not matter?

Can you buy those flip up dust covers for the above mentioned scope? Would really like those instead of the srew caps that comes with the scope.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

try bulter creek flip up covers........city guns in hout street (cpt) is the agent/dealer.