Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QB79 butt stock

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default QB79 butt stock

DIY rear stock for my ever evolving QB79 air rifle.

I've decided to move the 9oz tank to the rear of the rifle, for a better weight distribution. Going for an AR15 style tactical look, work in progress.

I heated a short length of PVC pipe (in the oven) then moulded it around the 9oz tank. (2 plywood offcuts and a G clamp held it in shape until it cools)

I band sawed some plywood for the rear section.

I still have to plumb the rear gas block and reroute it to the front. I plan on using brake line to connect the rear gas block to the new front gas block.

Going to add a chopped up flipflop to the rear as a recoil pad. Bought a pair of cheap size 13 black flipflops for this.

More to come as the project progresses.

REP: WS Airguns

User Info Menu

Good idea that! Been thinking in that direction myself just have not been able to get to it.

User Info Menu

What's up? Any further progress?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Yes, I managed to plumd the gas block up. Did a few test shots... feels good and balanced.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I used a short length of brake line to connect the rear gas block to part I made for the front.

I used my remote line to safely pressurize the assembled parts. Checked for any leaks, success! !! No leaks. I made a little no return valve in the front gas block ( used a cap srew that was ground flat on one side with a small o-ring behind it) gives me the choice of shooting 2-3 shoots after the gas bottle is removed.

I still need to complete the stock

my scope cam/ night vision setup, also diy

I place my old paintball marker pistol grip over the QB 79 to give some idea of what the finished build will look like

Forestock will be ala AirForce Talon ( might try my hand at making a AirForce talon Maddog style stock)

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I like look and proportions of this style of stock. Almost bullpup like.

REP: Xtreme Airguns

User Info Menu

Niccccce! Following with anticipation

MOT: Thomson Pneumatic Rifles

User Info Menu

Well done, looking good. A stock like the pic above will finish that off nicely and could be made to conceal the lower tube. Maybe ask Ulrich if he could make one for you.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

The versatility of PVC....lol

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Dremel ; heatgun and 40 minutes of measuring and cutting. Not the finished build , just temporary fix so that I can plink a bit.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I've also decided to shorten the barrel and to change the transfer port (I want to experiment with multiple hole around the diameter of the barrel, instead of I big hole. 6 x 3.5 mm hole evenly spaced around the od of the barrel, with a groove 4.5 mm right around connecting the holes) . I don't know it it'll work, but I'm willing to sacrifice a portion of my barrel to find out, since I'm going to shorten it anyway.

A ruff sketch of what I'm trying to describe , hope it helps.

Maybe someone can help me choose a good wood for my first attempt at stock making, any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

sketch of my proposed stock.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

With the bipod attached

The front plug with non return valve

User Info Menu

Looks good, I likes

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thanks Wimpie

MOT: Thomson Pneumatic Rifles

User Info Menu

Looking good. The multiple port idea is used in a commercial rifle, can't remember which? I think it may work well with Co2, keen to see your results.
    [emoji3] yes PVC is quite versatile, I have seen many bow builds, but this is the first rifle stock I've seen [emoji106]