Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tula!! Silencers Showcase

REP: Tula!! Silencers

User Info Menu

Here are close up picks of the individual units to refresh memories.....

Tapered Back with 1/2 UNF thread............................................ Flat backed Ultra with 1/2 UNF thread

LGV Slip and Screw long and short 1/2 UNF thread.................... CP1 Pistol silencer slip on.

This will be the standard design on the above silencers with the exception of the Pistol silencer that will not have any Knurling like the tapered one.

User Info Menu

Danie, here is a pick of the adaptor made for the Steyr same as the one done for Mark_F's rifle.The diameter is 25mm on the end to match the diameter of the Silencer. The bottom has been flattened off so it fits between barrel and cylinder and allows for the cylinder to be screwed out for filling.

User Info Menu

Adapter attached to HW97 with thread protector on...

Thread protector removed showing UNF 1/2 thread...

HW97 with Ultra shorty Attached.....

So Kuber, Piet and Riaan what you think, problem solved ? Tested on Piets rifle but i would still like to test the Ultra long on it as well when i have one.

User Info Menu

Well Guys i finally collected all my remade pieces and spent the whole day Saturday Redrilling all the new pieces and polishing when i got tied of drilling. As i had the NC informal benchrest shoot on Sunday i still have a little work to do, which i will finish tonight and should be going to anodiser tomorrow. Normally three days in the anodiser so should be ready to start delivering from Friday. Thanks for all your patience it has really been appreciated.

One of the benches in my workshop just about covered in silencers, custom orders as well as standard stock.
    Furthest left is Mike Brews Daystate silencer, then Vinces 3 slip on silencers, Then Dooky's which has changed now,
    then Seahorses silencer and adaptor, the rest are standard stock pieces, and Sawbones Trigger guard.

Seahorses custom polished silencer and adaptor for the Steyr, should come back from the anodiser look pretty much the same.

Please notice that i have some Tapered end units above, people in the past have asked for these as they prefer them to the Flat backs. Well now you have please buy them.!!!

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Thanks Mark!!
    Super happy with the silencer you made me! Colour worked out perfect!

User Info Menu

Here is Mikes refubished silencer, took the original long one he had shortened it and put my baffles inside. Cleaned off the black annodising and re anodised it bright silver. The pellet hitting the target is the loudest noise you hear...cannot take all the credit for this one being so quiet the Daystate was pretty quiet to start with, now it just does not make any sound...

User Info Menu

My pleasure Dooky glad you like it, personally I think it looks a lot better than the looonng one you had on there.

User Info Menu

Oom Piet had a silencer on the end of his M10 which all the guts was getting blown out. I took it and made a new tube, end piece and put my baffles in it and made it a standard long. Works quite well.

User Info Menu

Here is a pic showing some of the special orders.

And this is most of the standard range

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Standard length Tula on LG110, now backyard friendly:

Steyr LG110 : Gary Cane Stocks : Tula Silencers

Steyr LG110 : Gary Cane Stocks : Tula Silencers

User Info Menu

Guess what I picked up the HP Silencer's today on the way home. These are the prototypes. Two different diameters and two different lengths.

Got a lot of drilling to do then get some guys to test them

User Info Menu

The picture gives an idea of diameter change, the black one is the std 25mm.

User Info Menu

The two short HP Silencer's have now been drilled. Load shedding today in my area so can't continue with drilling of long ones.

Length is 145mm diameters are 30 and 35mm, weight +- 148 and 150 grams.

User Info Menu

Here is a picture of the longer HP Silencer's same diameters length is 175 mm. Weight is 30mm-160grams & 35mm-185grams +-.

User Info Menu

Just got into the office now so i will give you a quick breakdown on what we found.

Firstly everyone must understand that we were testing the silencers on a Daystate Wolverine 5.5 and using a 21.4 grain pellet this rifle is suppose to be 60ftlbs. Believe me when i tell you that without a silencer it sounds like a big centre fire rifle. The reduction in noise from my smallest to the largest is actually quite good with the largest being pretty quiet and on a par with his current imported silencer. However we hit a snag when we wanted to do a second round of testing in that the biggest silencer decided to lock up on his adapter and even with a pump pliers we could not get it off, eventually the adapter turned out of the rifle which at least allowed me to take it away. See picture below:

You can see buy the picture how we stuffed the knurling up on the adapter trying to get it off. Thank goodness that George is not the sort of guy who gets excited and pissed off about this sort of thing he was more worried about getting something sorted out by Monday morning as he is going shooting with it. With that said i took it in to the engineer this morning and with a vice and pump pliers got it out fairly easy but the thread on the end of the ally adapter was buggered, funny enough the thread on the untreated ally silencer was undamaged and the tap went through it easy. Well all going well, i should pick up a new adapter from the engineer this afternoon for George.

We also tested the silencers on Dallas's Monster pcp pistol which is 25ftlbs and uses 5.0 pellets which are 13.7 grains and the gun has been chronied at 950 ft per second, an animal what, that barks like one to. Now if you remember a while back we did the Golf Ball silencers for him, these are the same size as my large one, the results were basically the same as his golf ball unit for all my new silencers with a very slight difference in sound.

All though the above is not conclusive yet the general consensus is that they work, a couple of us have discussed the design of the baffles and i would like to try a couple of configurations of what we came up with as i believe that i can still get it quieter and possibly more compact. Would also like to test them on some other rifles with known power stats so David i think we should talk.

Ck....one day i will get you....But i must admit i do like the Avatar......