Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tula!! Silencers Showcase

REP: Tula!! Silencers

User Info Menu

Just an update with the ally adapter that got damaged. When we removed it from the silencer in the workshop this is what it looked like.

The thread on the anodised adapter end was completely stripped and we cleaned it out of the inside of the silencer. Made George a new steel adapter and delivered it to him at 1pm on Saturday. The silencer thread not damaged at all....

User Info Menu

Did some more testing on the HP silencers on Sunday at Northcliff on the JKHAN Bullpup and Noblese thumb hole rifle which Mark F has just written a little review on. The ftlb power of these rifles according to MarkF is between 40 - 47 ftlbs with the bulpup being the higher. The silencers that Piet had bought with the units are so, so and very basic. As MarkF mentioned the adapter has a sort of stripper that pushers some of the air punching through back into the shroud but, it is still bloody loud. The adapter comes with a UNF 1/2" thread which is lekker. We tested all the silencers and the shorty 30mm worked extremely well reducing the rifle noise down to where the mechanical noise was more prevalent than the air noise. The flat backed design looks good to and will blend with the rifle once it is anodised black.

Picture of Bullpup below with silencer attached.

You can see MarkF was doing the testing his signature is in the top picture....BEER!!!!
    Calms his nerves.....

User Info Menu

Guys new packaging for the silencers coming together slowly.

User Info Menu

Spent nearly all of Saturday working on baffel designs with the engineer and then took them home and worked on them some more. Went to Piets on Monday and did some more testing on the JKHan bulpup and the results were better so i think i have some winners in that lot. I now have to put some orders in for one or two of the different sizes to cover orders in house already, anybody else who is interested is more than welcome to give me a shout. The 30mm short seems to be the most effective up to the 40fpe area and also looks the best as well, and once anodised black is really going to look stunning.

Basically the same size as the Golf Ball units on Dallas's Cricket but with out the dimples...

User Info Menu

I picked up the adaptors today a couple of small issues which I will get sorted tomorrow. Spoke to anodiser he requested i only bring them in on Monday. Picture attached showing my standard flat back long and the new HP 25-45fpe on adapters.

The top adapter only has 3 grub screw holes drilled by customer request, also he is a lot bigger than me so i just did as i was told.....

User Info Menu

Got 1/2 my order collecting balance today. Been drilling and polishing since about 4pm to 10pm.

Pushing so I can get stuff in for anodizing.

User Info Menu

Ok guys, all work no play makes Mark H really Grumpy!!!
    So in order to keep the balance right I went shooting for most of today.I then got the balance of my order and went home.

As you can see it has grown some what. Worked on polishing some of the pieces for about 2hrs and just started drilling when a very irate member of the opposite sex got full of shit and demanded I put in a presence at the house.Will get home early tomorrow and finish off. You can see that the adaptors have all been marked as they are mostly size specific, this is why i request an accurate
    Barrel measurement and we the normally bore .05 bigger than that. Once annodised they will go back to the engineer for checking again and if the anodising process has affected the sizing we will sort it out. As some of these adaptors are going in to the Cape area we need to make sure they are correct due to the distances involved.

User Info Menu

Collected silencers look a lot different when anodised. ..
    These are the HP 30mm units the last three have Adaptors attached...

These are the 25mm Flat backs finish bright silver with adaptors. 1xShorty 3xLong

User Info Menu

As I mentioned a new item we have made for Mark_F was an adapter for his scope with an enhancing lens installed. Finicky work with fine threads.
    My understanding is that the Adapter ring will be screwed in and out depending on the distance of the target, to help with this the Adapter ring outside diameter has been knurled for grip.

The big black piece is his sightron Sun shade the silver piece is our adaptor with the enhansing lense screwed in. Just got to anodise it now.
    Last edited by Mark H; 13-05-15 at 09:27.

User Info Menu

Here are the AA S510 Adaptors without thread protectors. As stated these are tapped 1/2 Unf both sides. Units are made from steel.

Knurled center section diameter is the same as barrel dia not silencer as it will probably be left on the rifle.
    Will be painted black as will the Thread protector.

User Info Menu

In order to protect the Prototype HP silencers from a bit of rough handling i decided to anodise the in the Tula house colours....orange and black.

Will now reassemble and get them to DSF for further evaluation.

User Info Menu

New HP silencers anodised on the JKHAN rifles of Oom Piets.

Noblesse Rifle

Noblesse Bullpup

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Thanks Mark for Tula silencer for the Steyr Hunting 5A.

The adaptor is a perfect fit and the silencer does a good job of moderating the sound. I like the new black anodizing, very nice finish.

Thanks again for taking on the high power chalenge.

Here are some photos:

User Info Menu

Mark F's lens enhancer adapter now complete.
    The big piece is the Sightron sun shade the middle piece is the adaptor plate we made and the small piece is a Leupold 50ft adapter.

If you do not have a Sun shade this adapter could be made to screw into the front of you telescopic lens as well.

User Info Menu

Going to start making other accessories for air rifles under the Tula name along with the silencers and adapters. For example the LGV / LGU Trigger guard in the pictures below is available in Brass and Aluminium anodised Black, clear and in a brass colour or any other colour you might want.

This is a picture of the Rowan Cocking lever assist unit which we will be making something similar to shortly.
    Will also do this for the AATX200 and other rifles as well.

We are also going to tackle Wind Indicators as well as pointers for the Scope Wheels/ Shark Fins to.