Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tula!! Silencers Showcase

REP: Tula!! Silencers

User Info Menu

The H.P. 35mm x 175mm Flat Backed prototype silencer was given a slight size adjustment internally on Saturday so that it could be tested on the JKHAN Bullpup 9mm for one of the Botswana clients.
    The unit was tested on Sunday to see whether it would work. So effective it was, the client bought it on the spot to take back with him. The thread is a 5/8 UNF and the baffle holes and end cap were opened up to 10.5mm.

Must admit i was quite impressed myself, with the noise reduction we got the spring noise and pellet striking target far out weighed the noise created buy the pellet existing the barrel.
    Got myself a good looking model to show off this one.

Going to do the same changes to the 35mm x 145mm now and test that and see what the difference is. I have a feeling it will do the job just as well.

User Info Menu

Ok guys, here is the final etching on the Tula silencers on the end cap and please bear in mind this is a close up picture.
    As per normal all comments are welcome.....

The piece on the bottom is an adaptor and the etching is done on the bottom.

This is a picture of the packaging tubes with its label. The black dots denote size, type, style, calibre,colour, etc.

At least this will make it easier for me to see what i have in stock as well.
    These are some of the orders now packed and waiting either to be collected, delivered or couriered....
    Thanks again for all the support and patience, from now on "If it don't say Tula it ain't a Tula"....

User Info Menu

Ok here is the silencer adapter for the LGU, this is the prototype and still has to have a bit more testing done. The unit is made from mild steel and has been given a couple of quick coats of back paint just to make it blend in. The unit is a quick change part and replaces the existing end piece using the existing Cap screw. Using the Flat backed shorty it only increases the barrel length by 91mm. I will be looking into having these units coated/plated Black in the future as it would be better than paint.

The complete package consisting of the adapter, thread protector(which will be knurled) and a flat backed shorty would sell for R 700.00 excluding postage/freight.

The Oom From T.J.O.P.S
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

My LGU....

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Ok so here are some of the pics as promised...

The silencer and adapter arrived well packaged and clearly marked. The photo below shows the adapter, silencer and end cap/thread protector

The threads are all well engineered and both the cap and the silencer threads are a perfect match with no lateral play or looseness when screwing the parts together.

The knurling on the cap and silencer is well cut and nice and grippy, and the adapter is well finished and a snug fit.

LGU standard end cap and the Allen screw that needs to be loosened to remove it and the under lever retaining thingy.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

After removing the end cap I discovered that Oom Vince had already done the curler and scourer treatment to the front chamber prior to me getting the rifle!

Fitting the adapter....

Adapter in place with end cap fitted...

Silencer fitted....

I have to say the Tula looks right at home on the LGU and ready to go and sling some lead!

User Info Menu

As promised here is the HW97 .20 adapter so a silencer can be installed....These have not been treated as only two have been made and the cost of treating them would push the price up by about R200. ea due to minimum order value. If i have any other stuff to be treated or people want them so i can put a bigger order in then i will do it. For the moment the area that shows at the end of the rifle and the thread protector will be painted.

Attached to a silencer.

Original end cap looked like this.

Very similar to the Lgu adapter when installed.

User Info Menu

Here is the HW97 Adapter mounted with a Tula shorty silencer.

User Info Menu

First order of silencers gone to UK so Tula is looking at the international market now ....hehehehe
    One of my brothers, the youngest, has also got involved with air rifles and lives in Swansea, Wales. He has an AA TDR, AA Pro-Sport, HW97 and the latest edition is the FX Wildcat all in 5.5.

I have just sent him the CP1 silencer for the TDR which has a turned down barrel like some of the S400''s. His comment once the existing silencer had been removed was " Bloody Hell "this thing is never coming off, why you ask, its quieter, lighter and to top it off it's 75mm shorter than the one he had on.

User Info Menu

I also sent him a silencer and adapter for the HW97....did the adapter out of brass as the Limeys are some what anal like Mike Brews about Bling i believe....probably because it won't rust....

User Info Menu

I have something new........

Tula's new cocking assist for LGU...................Rowan Eng. unit on left..................................Tula on left and Rowan on right slight differences.

Aluminium ones are at anodisers at the moment having 4 done black and one in silver have one Brass one left other is spoken for and my Rowan is not for sale as it was a gift.
    Just waiting for the HW97 and TX200 ones to be finished and i will put them up as well will also do them in black and one in silver.

User Info Menu

The Brass unit i have left is up for sale for R500.00 freight excluded. Delivery free in Johannesburg.
    The Aluminium ones below are for sale at R350.00 ea ex freight. These i will make again should orders come in and on special request i will anodise it the brass colour like my adjustable Butt pad above.

Aluminium units below 4 black and 1 bright silver.

They come with stainless steel Grub screws.

User Info Menu

Well i got the Cricket copy silencers back from anodising and started Loctiting them together, they are both shorter than a standard Cricket silencer as the one i cut up was on a spare 4.5mm Barrel which was not a standard and the other is for testing on my Theoben.

Picture below shows the silencers all assembled and loctited except for the rear cap. At this stage i am waiting for loctite to cure. The second picture is of the shorter one mounted on my Theoben and it works very nicely,

The barrel of the Theoben goes inside the silencer tube about the length of the cigarette box the baffles take up the rest of the space in front of that.

No clipping that was a mag of 12 pellets shot at 30m in wind and as you can see only one flyer outside the 10mm bull area. I think it is pretty quiet but will see at the range on Sunday what other people think.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Thanks Mark for my QB 79 slip on Tula Shorty. It looks and shoots awesome!! Great quality as always!

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

So.....I finally got my TULA silencer, and here is what it looks like, fitted to the FX Wildcat chambered in 5.5mm. Thanks Mark, you did a stunning job!!!

I will soon be writing a complete review on this gun and I'll share the groupings I'm getting with the silencer...