Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tula!! Silencers Showcase

REP: Tula!! Silencers

User Info Menu

Default Tula!! Silencers Showcase

Thought i should change the thread from LGV SILENCER PROJECT as the range and usage has grown from that now and the product has been given a name by users.

Follow up on the Mark_F Steyr project Yesterday at NC went well with Mark stating that he was happy that the POI was not changing when silencer was being taken off and put back on. We checked all the components in my office and did a few minor changes as well as opened up the pellet aperture from 5.3 mm to 6 mm, that .7 of a millimeter has not effected the noise level. Mark will be testing it over the weekend and will let me know how it goes before we do anymore Orange anodizing.

Unit consists of a slip on Adapter with a standard UNF 1/2 external thread which is held in place with M4 grub screws, and a Standard Long (120 mm) 3B Ultra Silencer. These silencers come with a UNF 1/2 internal thread.

Will post pictures of range of Silencers once the next batch comes back from Anodizing.

Thanks for support.

User Info Menu

Hi Guys,
    Been out of the loop a bit due to work problems, however have finally after some teething pains with the new Turner, have my hands on the silencer pieces see below.

Above pieces now need to be polished checked prior to going for anodising which i will do this weekend.

The top unit is for the CP1 Pistol, the next one is the Flat backed long with 1/2 UNC thread, and the last one is the Flat backed shorty with 1/2 UNC thread.

The anodising will take probably three days. Will take them in Monday morning, should be ready for delivery by Thursday.
    Sorry for the delay but have a few extra for stock and will be making more the moment i have sorted out the back log.

Regards

Mark H

User Info Menu

Here are a few pics showing some different colours.

Oringinal LGV Challenger Silencer that replaces the plastic sight, slips over the barrel for 50mm and screws onto the UNF 1/2 thread. Assists with cocking.

Red one is the long std, orange one the shorty.

This is a selection of the LGV Ultra flat back with Unf 1/2 Thread. Top black one is the long std and the rest are the shorty's.
    Please bear in mind they have just been assembled, not cleaned and oiled yet.

These are the CP1 Pistol silencers, also just been assembled for picture purposes.

This is Mark_F's Adaptor an silencer for his Steyr.

Quality of pictures is not good taken on my phone in my workshop at about 22h30 last night after drilling all the first stage baffles on 17 silencers.
    Tonight i should be drilling all the second stage baffles and then on Saturday doing some testing to ensure they all working with no clipping.
    Monday will be contact customer day for arranging delivery.

Thanks for looking.

Mark

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Received my 4 silencers from Mark today. One for Bets CP1 5,5 one for my CP1 4,5mm one for Bets LGV 4,5 one for my LGV 4,5 and then - lo and behold - he fitted a silencer to a brand new Walther Century. The Century chronied at 955 fps the first 30 or so shots and was diesling like an old army bedford.

The shot sound is incredible!! BUT after Mark's silencer was fitted it went very quiet and one can now plink in the house without wearing ear muffs. The finish on these silencers are awesome and positivly contributes to the finish of the LGV Century. The choice of colours is great with the result that Bets can't blame me for stealing her silencer.

Thanks Mark for excellent service and the attention to detail as well as to customer service... I would buy a Tula silencer any time and will recommend Mark' silencers, advice and personal service to all and everyone.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Tula 90 mm and 120 mm silencer on LGV.

Works well and provide nice grip for cocking the rifle.

Walther LGV : Tula Silencers Walther LGV : Tula Silencers

Walther LGV : Tula Silencers Walther LGV : Tula Silencers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard DP View Post
    Hi Seahorse, nice looking rifle, is that the version that just screws to the front? Not the slip over version?
    Both of those versions screw directly onto the UNF 1/2 thread on the LGV'S these units were originally designed for the Ultra Comp with the barrel weight and for people who do not want to remove the front sights on the LGV Challenger. My unit that slips over the barrel by about 55mm still screws onto the UNF 1/2 thread it is more of a sleeve will post pics on my rifle.

Thanks Seahorse for the pictures and comments. Have you tried the 120mm on the Steyr yet?
    Has Alan got his pistol silencer yet?

That rifle looks like a challenger with the front sight removed in a MZE stock.

User Info Menu

Tula 120mm with sleeve

Tula 90mm with sleeve on top rifle bottom rifle is an Ultra Comp and you can see why you can't use the sleeve.

User Info Menu

Dallas, the pieces above the trigger guards are your end pieces for the Golf ball silencers, now you know i was not talking kak.

Pieces on left are tapped 1/2 UNF and the two stacked on the right are the end pieces, going to re anodise the tubes as well as i see they have some marks as well as gold paint on them.

Just for everybodies info this is what the trigger guards look like before i shape them and polish.

User Info Menu

Should have an extra pistol silencer next week. Getting four from the turner tomorrow morning, then straight to the anodiser to be done black, plus an extra tube so i can change the blue one i have in stock. 4 spoken for so after that last one goes no more until mid January.

That blue one i have in stock but will be changing tube to black.

User Info Menu

Received tubes back late Yesterday and put them together, just need to sort out baffles now should collect today and then i will finish them over the weekend.

Four of the above are spoken for, extra one sorted out for Bludlust should he want it, if not it will be up for sale.
    See Blud, "GRUMPY" does care and will sell to you.

User Info Menu

Just sorted out two silencers for Dallas. These we referred to as the Golf Ball silencers due to the pattern on the tubes. Dallas picked these silencers up out of Vince's scrap heap and asked me if i could sort them out for his Cricket which has interchangeable barrels and the 5mm is extremely loud, 4.5 is the original and has a shroud and is quiet. The end caps and screw on caps i remade and designed new baffels for the high pressure. Both his Cricket and that fancy pistol have UNF 1/2 inch thread on the barrels. The tubes which are the only things i could use had gold spray paint on them.Tubes were about 150mm long and had an OD of 35mm Dallas wanted to keep the chunky flat ended look which i did.

Silencer with new caps on.

Silencers have now been anodised.

Sharp Shooter
    Lifetime Forum Sponsor
    ARF Member Of The Year 2018

User Info Menu

Thanx Mark....i am well impressed with the silencers....i have not heard anything as quiet as these....the pistol barks without a silencer, and with this one, all you can hear is the hammer.....the pellet hitting the target makes way more noise....and they really look the business....exactly what i wanted....thanx also to Vince for letting me grab the bits out of the scrap pile......

this is the 5.0mm HW100 barrel on the Cricket....very accurate....plenty power...and "mouse fart" quiet.....

User Info Menu

Test day for the Golf ball silencers was yesterday at Northcliff.
    When i arrived Dallas was waiting with his Cricket and that rifle with a pistol grip he calls a pistol.
    First up was the Cricket which as i stated above had a very load crack when shot. Dallas was very happy with the design as it was what he wanted, next was the acid test was it going to work.

Boy did it work sparrow fart quiet and only created a slight POI movement. Dallas was pleased, he then turn the power up to maximum and it was still dead quiet.
    Now i had just silenced my first powerful PCP so i was a happy chappie as well.

Now Dallas decided he wanted to try the other one on that monster pistol which has a very loud bark.

Well Dallas and i just packed up laughing, talk about a let down, bark, what bark that monster was now as quiet as one of my silenced CP1's in actual fact i want to listen to the two of them together because i think the monster is quieter. Now that's what you call a good day at the office when a plan comes so completely together.

I am sure Dallas will have something to say about this as well.

User Info Menu

Falco, the shorty silencer has been tried and tested on a AA S400 by Machine chaos and worked very well until he double fed it, if i remember correctly pg1 covered that.

The flat backed unit is about 90mm long and 25mm in diameter. I should, if all goes well, be getting a tapered end unit as well but time will tell.

Picture below shows shorty flat backed version as well as the Std long.

Do not Knurl tubes anymore but the screw on end should be knurled if turner does not forget to do it.....it was so much easier and painless when i was doing it in my own workshop and not reliant on other people except the ones who worked for me........when my turner was a work and not pissed.

User Info Menu

Well guess what i picked up some silencers on Saturday evening..... now i have baffles and other bits to drill prior to annodising.

Top Row: are the LGV slip and screw which are put on when the front sights have been removed, in Std Long and Shorty versions, next to them are the Flat backed Ultra version Long and Short.
    Bottom Row: are the Tapered back which had been requested in the past shown is the short version long version also available, last item is the CP1 Pistol silencer.
    All the silencers excluding the pistol which is a slip on are tapped 1/2 Unf.

You will notice that the pistol got Knurling on the slip on section which was not requested but shit happens. Lets call them special edition silencers you won't see them like that again.....