Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ordering scopes from overseas?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default ordering scopes from overseas?

maby thinking of ordering a big nikko from overseas what would the import duties be like for it?is there any danger of damage occuring on its way over here?or is it better just to buy it here?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Where you ordering from Moose? BAR? Was also thinking about doing the same thing. Which scope are you looking at?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

unlike air rifles.........nikko's are similarly priced if not lower here.....why import?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

havent checked what the price difference would be but yes i was thinking of ordering from bar.........was anting a nikko 10-50x60 what is the price over here for one of thoses...........you have one on your hornet urabus what did you pay for it?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

what is the smaller version of that big nikko like the nikko diamond 6-24x42? would rather have one of the ags swat scopes tan that nikko like the big one though

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

i did a side by side test diamond 6-24 X 42 vs nighteater 6-24 X 56 (it should be similarly spec'ed to the ags/leapers 8-32 X 56) a while back.........up to 50m, clearity/shapness of the image was pretty much the same but the nighteater was positively brighter. both got mildots.......diamond set @ 10X where's the nighter @ 16X (i assume). both come with open turrets, but no sniper/target turret for the nighteater.......if you are planning to dial-in, it might be an issue. perhaps look into some custom bling-bling turrets. both come with smaller side wheel, but the ags big side wheel is an option for the nighteater.

i've seen the big nikko advertised for R4100 in the magnum, not sure if it's still the case. i paid slightly more then that........still it's cheaper than BAR's price even if you take away the UK VAT and add say 50 quid shipping, and no ZA VAT or duties...etc. and i get local support.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

The Diamand looks like a very nice scope. The only thing that put me off it was the shiny gloss black finish. Kinda makes it look cheap. Then again that's only cosmetics - how it performs is another matter.

Urabus - I was looking at getting one of those Nighteaters - but how do you think 24X mag would be for FT? Barely enough to cope?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

just 160 posts more on this thread and we can get it to 20 pages .......come on guys i need 6 stars!!

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '09/'11/'12/'15/'16
    SAFTAA FT Colours '14

User Info Menu

Moose give Camdix a call on 011-6602398 got a big Nikko from them last week R3950. That's better than any overseas price I've seen

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

thanks mihki

psychoSven's Avatar psychoSven

moose, u bored man, stars dont mean skill, he he, jus kiddin man!!! u understand?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

mihki are you talking about the nikko 10-50x60??

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '09/'11/'12/'15/'16
    SAFTAA FT Colours '14

User Info Menu

Yup that's the one.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

thats a really good price then what did you say R3950 was on the previous page i think what does it come with?? just scope what size mounts would i need?i

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Only scopes that are much cheaper from overseas is the Leupolds, R 9k here, R 5k there !
    NS cheaper here than in UK (in most cases), same goes for Lynx