Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Restoring old BSAs

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Kuber, I have spoken to Darren of Control Surfaces Treatments. They can do anything you want on metal. If you need pieces dropped off, just shout and I will collect and deliver for the price of a cup of Koffiee Kapitaal

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Good evening all. I am finally preparing for the restoration of the BSA Cadet Major. Before I start the wrong way, would anyone have some advice on what to look out for? Another question would be who would be able to assist with possible spares. Mainly the springs and seals. Also the rear sight needs a blade and screw? Would anyone perhaps have the exploded view? Thx!!!!

Prof. Jan Itor

User Info Menu

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen K View Post
    Thx a mill

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Would anyone perhaps be able to recommend a local supplier for the springs and seals? Another recommended member on the forum, is unfortunately not currently willing to supply spares. Thx!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hey there fellow enthusiasts. I have finally stripped the Cadet Major. It would definately require a new main spring, breach seal and piston cup. I found a piston cup, but I need the mainspring and breach seal. Any ideas for a supplier?😕

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I will be ordering parts from Chambers in the UK shortly .They dont have stock of what i am looking for and will notify me when they get in. If you have not come right by the time i order i will gladly include it on my order.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CraigD View Post
    I will be ordering parts from Chambers in the UK shortly .They dont have stock of what i am looking for and will notify me when they get in. If you have not come right by the time i order i will gladly include it on my order.
    Evening Craig. Thx once again for the willingness to assist. A few people have offered, but im still waiting for prices and banking details. I will surely let you know.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Craig pls let me know when U order from chambers I need some parts thanks

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Good evening all. At long last I have started the Cadet major refurb. Customer asked for a dark colour finish of the stock. I used a Mahogany stain/sealant from Gripseal. Now need to have it cure and then lightly oil.