Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Theoben Rapid Stock Revamp

REP: Tula!! Silencers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cor View Post
    Really looks very good.
    Thanks Cor....
    Last edited by Mark H; 19-08-15 at 11:08.

User Info Menu

Well its been a long week what with the show everyday and then after work entertainment....getting to old for all this crap. Looking forward to finishing off the Theoben this weekend and maybe even get in some shooting with it....

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I recall when I did my diving course that painting dive cylinders was not an amateur job. I don't recall the reason, just remember that painting an hp cylinder needed to be done by a professional.
    I suspect that it has to do with the heat treatment?
    Would be good to confirm what the status is on this as you don't want your cylinder blowing up.
    Great looking project though.
    Cheers
    Stephen

Protea FT Team '18/'19
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    MOT: Swan Air
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Some info on the color of cilynders. Maybe black is not the ideal color as that is for oxygen.

as cylinder colour-coding and labeling[edit]

A contents label for oxygen usage (UK)

Worldwide[edit]

In many recreational diving settings where air and nitrox are the widely used gases, nitrox cylinders are colour-coded with a green stripe on yellow background. The normal colour of aluminium diving cylinders is their natural silver. Steel diving cylinders are often painted, to reduce corrosion, mainly yellow or white to increase visibility. In some industrial cylinder identification colour tables, yellow shoulders means chlorine and more generally within Europe it refers to cylinders with toxic and/or corrosive contents; but this is of no significance in scuba since gas fittings would not be compatible.
    Cylinders that are used for partial pressure gas blending with pure oxygen may also be required to display an "oxygen service certificate" label indicating they have been prepared for use with high partial pressures and gas fractions of oxygen.
    South Africa[edit]

Scuba cylinders are required to comply with the colours and markings specified in SANS 10019:2006.[12]

• Cylinder colour is Golden yellow with a French grey shoulder.
    • Cylinders containing gases other than air or medical oxygen must have a transparent adhesive label stuck on below the shoulder with the word NITROX or TRIMIX in green and the composition of the gas listed.
    • Cylinders containing medical oxygen must be black with a white shoulder.

User Info Menu

Hey Guys i am not painting my filling cylinder. I am re painting the cylinder on the Theoben Black...certainly not painting it yellow or any other colour would look Kak..!!!!!!

Protea FT Team '18/'19
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    MOT: Swan Air
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Ok sorry, I only saw now its not a scuba cylinder and rather the rifle's cylinder. Black is perfect for that and it looks very good.

The Oom From T.J.O.P.S
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mark H View Post
    Hey Guys i am not painting my filling cylinder. I am re painting the cylinder on the Theoben Black...certainly not painting it yellow or any other colour would look Kak..!!!!!!
    Ask Jaco to do it in camo, he is very good, he die his S400, scope, bipod, mono pod, the whole bloody rifle and it looks professional.

User Info Menu

Got a bit impatient on Sunday as i received a phone call from Leon (Machine Kaos) wanting to know whether i would meet him at Ball & All to punch holes in Targets. Decided to put the Theoben together and take it out for a trail run. Still want to give the Stock one more coat of oil. Put it all together filled the cylinder and met Leon at 10:30 for a very pleasant day of shooting with the LGU and Theoben.

Now you can see the Cylinder i painted black and my Dive cylinder is still Yellow.....

Got home from the range stripped it down and gave the stock a rub down with steel wool and its last coat of oil....
    Last edited by Mark H; 24-08-15 at 08:11.

The Oom From T.J.O.P.S
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Leon was there on time 10:30? It is going to rain....

Very nice looking poofter gun Oom Mark, hope you do not neglect your LGU.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AYOBA! View Post
    Ask Jaco to do it in camo, he is very good, he die his S400, scope, bipod, mono pod, the whole bloody rifle and it looks professional.
    I don't like Camo, also scared i might put it down and not find it again, and anyway i have nothing to hide...the wife knows i have it....

Shocked me to he arrived at 10:38.....

Can't afford to neglect the LGU as i shoot both in the Benchrest League every month and am doing my best to beat Dallas and MarkF so gotta keep in touch with both Rifles, thats why i sold the LGV it was being neglected..
    Last edited by Mark H; 24-08-15 at 08:19.

Springer FT World Champion '09
    Protea FT Team '19

SAFTAA FT Colours '12
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mark H View Post
    I don't like Camo, also scared i might put it down and not find it again, and anyway i have nothing to hide...the wife knows i have it....

Shocked me to he arrived at 10:38.....

Can't afford to neglect the LGU as i shoot both in the Benchrest League every month and am doing my best to beat Dallas and MarkF so gotta keep in touch with both Rifles, thats why i sold the LGV it was being neglected..
    That tractor will look coolmylarnie with some orange and red anodising.... somewhere and all!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bludlust View Post
    That tractor will look coolmylarnie with some orange and red anodising.... somewhere and all!
    After all the crappie comments i got from you on the LGV, I am keeping this one plain and simple...leaving the weird and wonderful colours to Dewalt.....

However i might make a puce pink silencer for it......
    Last edited by Mark H; 24-08-15 at 12:55.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Well done Mark, that is stunning!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon View Post
    Well done Mark, that is stunning!
    Thanks Saxon...

User Info Menu

Last night got home and gave the stock a light rub down with steel wool, then applied two coats of good wax polish. After each coat of polish one waits for it to dry, like car wax, and then a good buffing with a soft cloth. This was the result......

Will do it again tonight and then assemble, polish has deepened the finish and stock has a satin glow, so much better than Varnish.